Re: Fios Service
jonjones1
Legend

@Ken3 wrote:

I'm very disappointed in Verizon and unless Verizon switches it's hostile stance on net neutrality we will be swtiching our service to Optimum in August once our contract is up. Optimum supports net neutrality. 

Optimum supports nothing but Optimum. Don’t be fooled by claims by cable or even other providers. The providers will state anything and everything to get your money.

Re: net neutrality
catlady1108
Enthusiast - Level 2

After 20+ years, I'm done with Verizon. I was going to change to Xfinity because FIOS isn't any faster than DSL on my wi-fi devices.  Even though they've tweaked my service several times and reinstalled equipment, I still get plenty of buffering at certain times of day but I don't get disconnected as much. 

I have no desire to support this business after watching the Telecom Prom clip.

https://youtu.be/r50Z2tZrvwY

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@catlady1108 wrote:

After 20+ years, I'm done with Verizon. I was going to change to Xfinity because FIOS isn't any faster than DSL on my wi-fi devices.  Even though they've tweaked my service several times and reinstalled equipment, I still get plenty of buffering at certain times of day but I don't get disconnected as much. 

I have no desire to support this business after watching the Telecom Prom clip.

https://youtu.be/r50Z2tZrvwY

DSL is never faster than fiber optics. And up to a certain providers stats in cable internet, cable broadband cannot best Fios internet. The few places that have cable broadband 2 gb. service are very limited.

I would worry more about the spy satellites that can see your every move while awake or asleep or the technology the government wanted to use a few years back in bio chip implantation to keep track of its citizens.

and trust me your own cell phone and computer is now connecting to ads. I was at a doctors appointment and while waiting I was getting ads telling me there was no waiting in their state of the art emergency ward. Now that is something to be upset about.

Re: Net Neutrality
sNETNEUTRALITY

OK well, former verizon lawyer and current FCC chair Ajit Pai just revoked net neutrality- i think this means it is time to quit verizon

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon (along with other providers) can do it.

Who would have thought that airlines would charge for food and baggage?

But they are. And making billions on it.

And I can see a provider slowing access to competing content to force people more towards there own.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@sNETNEUTRALITY wrote:

OK well, former verizon lawyer and current FCC chair Ajit Pai just revoked net neutrality- i think this means it is time to quit verizon

Lot more important issues other than net crap. And if the providers are set to nail the customers there will be none left to go to.

so that will take care of that.

in NY and California and other states the Attorney Generals have filed against that shill of a chairman and the FCC and there is a push in congress to override the FCC so nothing is being done yet.

Relax

0 Likes
Net Neutrality Lobbying
sportillo7513

Yes, I am wondering why Verizon has decided to back, endorse, and lobby for former employee and current FCC chairman Ajit Pai who repealed Net Neutrality this week.  I think you owe an explanation to your consumers and you can say goodbye to a lot of us.  $50,000 in endorcements since September.  Explain.

0 Likes
Re: Net Neutrality Lobbying
jonjones1
Legend

@sportillo7513 wrote:

Yes, I am wondering why Verizon has decided to back, endorse, and lobby for former employee and current FCC chairman Ajit Pai who repealed Net Neutrality this week.  I think you owe an explanation to your consumers and you can say goodbye to a lot of us.  $50,000 in endorcements since September.  Explain.

No one is going to leave over a maybe this will happen, or that will happen.

the privacy of your viewing and site visits, or what you buy via web browsing is and always will be logged no matter what isp or service you use.

three large states are taking the fcc to court and Mr. Schneiderman in NY is no slouch.

0 Likes
Pcray03
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just my 2 cents: I’m very happy with Verizon as is, but I support net neutrality; not maximizing corporate profit. If Verizon starts throttling, blocking, prioritizing, or splitting Internet service into content packages, I will start using a VPN.

If Verizon blocks, throttles, deprioritizes, or charges extra for VPN traffic, I will just leave. I’m not going to pay extra for the service I already pay enough for, and I’m not going to pay anything for a fractured Internet.

I truly hope the Internet remains free and open, but I don’t have faith that “competition” will keep human greed from slowly corrupting the free and open Internet into a circus of paywalls, throttling, and big corporate content prioritization.

jonjones1
Legend

@Pcray03 wrote:

Just my 2 cents: I’m very happy with Verizon as is, but I support net neutrality; not maximizing corporate profit. If Verizon starts throttling, blocking, prioritizing, or splitting Internet service into content packages, I will start using a VPN.

If Verizon blocks, throttles, deprioritizes, or charges extra for VPN traffic, I will just leave. I’m not going to pay extra for the service I already pay enough for, and I’m not going to pay anything for a fractured Internet.

I truly hope the Internet remains free and open, but I don’t have faith that “competition” will keep human greed from slowly corrupting the free and open Internet into a circus of paywalls, throttling, and big corporate content prioritization.

The problem here is everyone is getting the cart in front of the horse. There are presently congressional measures that may stop the implementation of the net neutrality laws that were overturned by the shill in the chairman’s seat.

I understand six Attorney Generals and more joining everyday are going after the FCC so don’t start the exodus just yet. 

I like to wait and see before I take any actions. I try to use a cool head, and my sense and sense abilities to just see what may transpire.

However you are free to make your own decision and what your conscience dictates.

but for now, just wait.

0 Likes