Old Customers are NOT valued like new customers - Stay away from Verizon Fios!
riniko

I have had an series of unfortunate dealings with Verizon fios customer service that has resulted coming to the conclusion that old customers are not valued like new customers.

As an OLD customer, I see the options, plans, packages, and  bundles offered to new customers on TV. A week does not go by without a flyer in the mail from Fios with their new offers to potential customers. (I am not sure why they come to me, but why do they get better value for their money?)

Meanwhile, others like Cablevision are also marketing and offering promotions that look very promising. Customers like myself who have "some loyalty" want to stay true to Fios but when money is tight, what is the incentive to stay with Verizon.

I have no issues signing a 2 year contract. But why am I paying $20-$30 more for the same product.

In the end, Verizon is doing marketing that makes them come off as a bait and switch company. Give them a giftcard, sign people up as a new customer, increase their rates after one year, sign them up for a two year contract, then DO NOT offer anything more in terms of incentives to retain the customer.

Poor poor customer retention with agents who do not reward loyalty. I called a few weeks ago, and the agent told me to call May 21st.  This morning I spent nearly an hour explaining the circumstances and trying to see what options there are. She couldn't help me. The promotions online are for new customers with no service in their homes? Why?!

Why should customers like myself remain loyal to Fios? Perhaps it is time to give Cablevision a call.

0 Likes
Re: Old Customers are NOT valued like new customers - Stay away from Verizon Fios!
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Like this is only a Verizon issue and not Cablevision, etc.

0 Likes
Re: Old Customers are NOT valued like new customers - Stay away from Verizon Fios!
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Every company that offers phone, internet and TV service does the exact same thing. They offer you the best incentive to sign up with their service and once your original deal has expired you pay full price. You must make the decision what is best for you the consumer.

0 Likes