Ongoing (2+ months) billing dispute
angryinva

I've been dealing with a Verizon billing dispute for over charging me for the last 2 months with no resolution. They are not honoring the quoted order confirmation and fees that are stated in the contract. I've requested numerous call backs from verizon supervisors regarding this issue and to date have not received any resolution or calls regarding this issue. It is beyond ridiculous. It is in direct violation of the contract which was agreed on between me (the customer) and verizon.  

On May 20th I spent over an hour dealing with renewing my services, I received via email the ORDER PREVIEW with a stated amount of $169.78 a month. On 6/21 I received my bill for services that was $219.38. I immediately called and inquired. They stated that it appears the order confirmation and total I received on 5/20 was a mistake on their part, however they were obligated to give me the order I agreed on for the entire contract period of 2 years. They said only the technician who made the order/mistake could correct and that I would get a call back in 72 hours resolving this. I spent approx 1.5 hours on the phone that evening.  

I did NOT receive a call as they promised and called on 7/2 to inquire and ensure it was corrected. It had not not been corrected and my account was NOT credited. I went thru the exact same issue explaining everything and again was told they were honoring the order from 5/20 for the entire contract period. That evening they credited my account $42 approx. And I received an email to that affect. They again said I would receive a call from a manager within 72 hours and that future bills would be correct. That evening I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with customer service.

On 7/25 I received my monthly bill, and again the issue is NOT resolved. It is still the incorrect charges of $219 a month, not reflecting the agreed on order dtd 5/20. So again I called verizon and immediately requested to speak to a supervisor. I was not going to deal with a customer service rep and have the same "promised" call back in 72 hours. Kamal stated that a supervisor would call me back within 2 hours. That was at 2:36pm on 7/25. On 7/25 I spent 1 hour on the phone with verizon, and the issue is still not revolved.

I am beyond frustrated in dealing with these ongoing issues that was not my fault. Verizon openly admitted they made the error and that they were honoring the order did 5/20. They assured me 3 times prior the issue was being resolved and t has yet to be resolved. I would like to file a complaint for poor customer service, illegal and over billing customer without the company attempting to resolve the issue. 

I have filed a complaint with the FCC and BBB. However, I seriously doubt anything will come of it. All I want is for an actual person with the ability to resolve the billin errors to finally call me back so I can stop spending HOURS each month dealing with an error Verizon made (and admited to making). Spending close to 2 hours on the phone with your cable company each month is way more time than a person should be spendng on the phone with their cable company... 

Any suggestions??? 

0 Likes
Re: Ongoing (2+ months) billing dispute
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi angryinva,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes