Ordered Online and got confirmation but charged different amount
nothappy2017

I’m having s continued problem with Verizon not honoring the price for services quoted and agreed upon with my order placed online.

On 04/11/17 I ordered Verizon Double Play for 89.99 online through my Verizon login and was provided a confirmation order number. This is what I understood I was purchasing and this is what I agreed to when I placed the online order.

On 04/11/17 Verizon sent e-mail with subject line “Thank you for your FIOS Order. I noticed this e-mail indicated my service would cost 112.99 and not 89.99 as I had ordered online.  On 04/19/17 Verizon issued me billing for the 112.99 which is NOT what I agreed to at the time of my purchase online 04-11-17.  On 04/24/17 I spoke to Verizon Representative and faxed a copy of the online order confirmation. He called back and said that Verizon would honor my 89.99 per month price and he would issue a recurring credit for 23.00 each month to correct the billing. We discussed increasing my internet speed to 150/150 which he said would cost me an additional 20.00 per month. My new monthly total would be 109.99 per this representative. On 04/24/17 Verizon sent e-mail subject line Welcome to FIOS! Review your order now.  Again the amount is NOT what was quoted by Verizon over the phone and indicates the amount will be 132.99 per month and not the 109.99 as quoted by Verizon representative.  I have made dozens of calls and have received several credits but each month the amount I'm billed is incorrect.  Verizon FIOS is providing customers pricing which they have no intention of honoring! Customers are making purchases and later Verizon is billing whatever they want to charge without the customer’s prior authorization.  No other company would be allowed to conduct business in this manner!  This is robbery! 

0 Likes
Re: Ordered Online and got confirmation but charged different amount
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nothappy2017,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes