Pedestal in Cranberry Woods Hit By Car
daveplazak

You have a service pedestal at the corner of Wild Cranberry Drive and Sir William Way in Crownsville, Maryland (zip 21032) that has been pretty much destroyed by a car or truck striking it. Suggest you repair it before service fails. Wires are exposed. 

Comcast was in the neighborhood and they say it is your pedestal and not theirs. 

(Date: 1/26/18, 9:27 AM)

0 Likes
Re: Utility Pole and Disconnected Wire Repair/Relocation
daveplazak

We have been trying to report a pretty much destroyed FIOS service pedestal in our neighborhood for a while. (It was run over by a truck, car, or maybe a reindeer.) For some reason, Verizon makes reporting such things an almost unbelievable effort. You get transferred 40 times and put on hold for hours. There does not seem to be a number to call to report "outside" equipment issues. The one that is posted routes you to Verizon Wireless...is that idiotic or what?

Anyway, if anyone is paying attention, the destroyed pedestal is at the corner of Wild Cranberry Drive and Sir William Way in Crownsville, MD 20132.

0 Likes
Re: Pedestal in Cranberry Woods Hit By Car
jonjones1
Legend

@daveplazak wrote:

You have a service pedestal at the corner of Wild Cranberry Drive and Sir William Way in Crownsville, Maryland (zip 21032) that has been pretty much destroyed by a car or truck striking it. Suggest you repair it before service fails. Wires are exposed. 

Comcast was in the neighborhood and they say it is your pedestal and not theirs. 

(Date: 1/26/18, 9:27 AM)

Dave this post to a customer helping customer forum will do no good.

i would contact your city/town/village engineering department and have them handle it.

make note of whom you spoke to Incase you need to prove Verizon was notified.

if it poses a danger your public works department may take care of it as well.

0 Likes
daveplazak

Thanks for the suggestion. In this case, it would be the County since the area is unincorporated. I'll give it a try.

0 Likes
Re: Utility Pole and Disconnected Wire Repair/Relocation
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

@daveplazak,  This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@daveplazak wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. In this case, it would be the County since the area is unincorporated. I'll give it a try.

Glad I could assist. 😀

0 Likes