Please do not trust Verizon customer service team based on my experience.
Sanju2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a internet service with Verizon and I am paying $79.99 monthly for 15/5 mbps and one day I saw a flyer from Verizon stating that $79.99 you will get triple play with 25/25 mbps speed and with 2 year contact I will receive $400 Visa gift card and  I decided to sign up for the triple play with 50/50 for $99 and I called Verizon customer care and I have asked for this offer and she said yes you will be eligible for this offer and I will receive that $400 after 90 days. so I am willing to go for it and I said ok with 2 year contract and then she told me that our conversation will be recorded and she asked me to wait for the recorded conversation and we have completed the contract and I told her that I will pick the equipment form the Verizon office today (12/30/2014) and I went there and i took the TV box and came home and fixed it but it didn’t work and it is throwing the 8312 error message and I called Verizon customer service and one representative told me that I will get charged for $140 if you want technician but I told him that why should I pay because your Verizon service is not working but the guy keep on saying the something and I hangup the phone and I called other day 12/31/2014 and some representative told me that that is our (Verizon) problem and I will send the technician on 01/02/2015 as tomorrow is Jan 1st we may not have anyone and i said that should be fine.

But I have received an email from Verizon on 12/30/2014 stating that my FIOS TV was activated.

I tried the TV service for 3 days and we (my family) have decided that these are not useful channels for us and we have decided that we can disable the TV service and we would like to go back only Internet service (15/5 mbps) and I called the customer service and told the something but She told me that there is no way you can go back to 15/5 mbps as Verizon is no longer offering this service and I don’t have more choice left. I have requested her to cancel FIOS TV service and I told her that I just need only Internet service. She said that should be fine I can cancel the TV service and you will still get charged for Activation fee $59.99 and there is no way I can wave that fee.

I asked her why should I get charged as I am canceling the service with in 4 days ? She said there is no way we can wave that. Then I asked her ok at least you can lower down my internet speed from 50/50 to 25/25 and then she said we can’t do that. Then I requested her supervisor and after 5 mins she get hold of her supervisor and here I asked her what are my best options to lower my bill as Verizon is no longer offering me 15/5 ? She said whatever she offered is the best and at that time I asked her I want to keep the FIOS service but I would like to lower down the speed from 50/50 to 25/25 and I will get that $400 gift card then she told me that there is no way you will get $400 gift card and I am sorry that even if you keep this bundle you should not receive that gift card whoever told you that is not the correct information and again she asked me that did you receive the email stating that you should receive $400 gift card. I said no and told her that I didn’t know about your automated email generation but I have trusted the Verizon customer representative and requested her to pull the recorded conversation but she didn’t agree with it and at the same time she told me that these records may to may not be stored in our records. 

I asked one question that I have received the email from Verizon stating that my TV service was started on 12/30/2014 but actually it was started in 01/02/2015 and are going to trust your automated emails ? She had no answer to it and stated that we have finished our conversation and told to customer representative that please go ahead and cancel the TV service for him.

This is very very bad customer support from Verizon.

Funny thing is that they (Verizon customer service representative) are not believing their own team.

Good suggestion : Please request them (Verizon customer service representative ) to send an email with the gift card information and please check your email before you are installing the TV equipment otherwise you will get no response from them.

0 Likes
Re: Please do not trust Verizon customer service team based on my experience.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Sanju2
Enthusiast - Level 1

First thank you so much for your response!

Second,   The supervisor is not really care about the customers as I am using Verizon internet connection for the years but she really don't care about it and at the end of our conversation she told to customer rep that please cancel his service and then she hangup the phone. I not even confirmed about the cancellation. For no good reason now I am ending up with paying extra $10 for only my internet service. Now they told me that I need to pay $89.99 monthly + activation fee $59.99 but they offered me high speed which is not required for me at this movement.

Also I went to the Verizon office and I took the box and came home and installed for my self but still they are charging me $59.99 activation fee even though I cancelled my service with in 4 days of time.

Also the supervisor asking me that do you have any email confirmation ? But by the time we receive an email we might have completed telephone conversation with the rep stating that we have agreed all the terms. How could we know that we need to check our email before the activation ? Verizon team didn't spicified to me about it.

0 Likes
Sanju2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you Verizon customer support. Today I have received an email from Kristen (Verizon eCenter) staitng that my FIOS actiation bill will be waived and I am glad that they told me that they will remove activation fee from my bill as I hardly used for 3 days.

Thank you so much Kristen once agian!

Regards,

Sanjeev.

0 Likes