Please help with a CMR "drop wire" bill
FIOSlewisville

There have been many posts in the previous 2 years in this forum about people having problems with CMR claims billing FIOS customers  for damaged "drop wires" or "drop line", especially in the Dallas/Metro area.  I am having the same issue, actually more like a NIGHTMARE.  if anyone can help me get this bill from CMR claims resolved on this forum, please help.  I have talked to 7 people at Verizon customer service and they all say they cannot help me, it is not their department, including 2 supervisors. I have spoken to many departments including Tech support who doesn't even know an optical FIOS cable was requested and installed at my house, at the request of a Verizon technician!  I finally spoke with a supervisor today who told me to fax her the bill from CMR claims and she would try to help me.  She is the only one who at least has tried to understand my problem.

I had great FIOS service at my previous house and so I transferred it to my newly built house in a subdivision about 5 miles away.  In the previous 2 years I have probably called tech support 12 times and had 6 or more visits from FIOS technicians to fix my erratic signal and TV pixilation (starting and stopping).  My major problems started when I renewed my contract for 2 years and got QUATUM TV and 75/75 Internet speed.  Same issues, intermittent signal and TV didn't work, even DVR.  At one point I had several "booster" signal boxes throughout my house.  Never worked and most of my computers were using direct Ethernet signals from the router, not wireless.  It was horrible service, not like our previous home.

On September 21, 2013 I lost my signal to my house on a Sunday night at 10:30 pm.  I was watching TV and everything just went dead.  No TV, no Internet, and no phone.  Called Tech support, no help.  Called to schedule a technician on Monday who came to my house on Monday afternoon.  He explained there no signal to my house and an another optical cable would  have to be installed from the box, or hub from the street to my house and buried.  He said he could not do this as he was a house technician and installer.  He said he could not do anything till we had a signal and had to call Verizon and the process started because it was a different division that did this.  Ok sounds good, do it, order it.  So we waited until Wednesday evening when Verizon called us and scheduled that same technician to come and fix our service.  He changed some equipment on the outside of the house and checked all our equipment to make sure the problem was solved.  It was great!  It was finally fixed no more problems and lightning fast.  WOW, finally got what we paid for.  The technician was great and very courteous.  We have no more service issues, but the horrible billing and customer service problems began.

I received a bill in the mail with Verizon logo about 2 months later.  CMR charged me $358 for installation of a "drop wire" due to damage.  It was called special project billing and it said Due upon receipt.  I called and spoke with the company about it and they said the installation technician said I damaged the line and it required a new wire and I was responsible for the bill.  How can I damage a wire at 10:30 on a Sunday night????I said I wasn't even at home when they installed the wire and never spoke with a technician from their division of Verizon and that the Verizon technician requested the line drop.   I called my Verizon technician who said he had never heard of them charging a customer for that. 

PLEASE HELP!  That was in November and I have been trying to deal with CMR and Verizon customer service to get this resolved.  Nobody will help me.  Now CMR is harassing me and is going to send the unpaid bill to a collection agency against my credit.  I tell them I am trying I am working with Verizon to get it resolved.  They will not listen.

The sad part is I really like my Verizon service now.  It is finally fixed and fast.  But if this issue is not resolved I will cancel my service after 10 years of loyalty to Verizon FIOS and go get the competitor Grande communications in my neighborhood. I do not think I should pay for getting my service fixed the way it was supposed to be in the first place.  I never even got credit for the 4 days I went without Internet, phone, and TV while I waited for Verizon to fix it.  On a $215 monthly bill that is a lot.  

0 Likes
Re: Please help with a CMR "drop wire" bill
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi FIOSlewisville,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes