Possible hack
Iambeingsetup

I have been contacted by police, stating my IP has been linked to my ISP in regards to fake accounts through social media. I have not done this, how do I begin to unravel what is going on and prove my innocence. Is it possible to make everything look like it’s coming from me if someone has my information?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Possible hack
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Besides what the other poster has said, I give my few cents.

It matters if the connection was UDP or TCP.

Only if the victim was attacked with TCP and did a three way TCP (TCP syn, TCP syn/ack, TCP ack) handshake, then the IP Address in question is not spoofed. If on the other hand a TCP three way handshake did not happen, then the IP Address in question maybe of been spoofed.

If the victim was attacked with UDP on the hand there is no guarantee that the IP Address was or was not real (read: spoofed).

[EDIT] If you received this message by e-mail saying that you hacked someone, do not click on their links / open any attachments. Instead find their official website with Google (or some other online search engine).

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it possible that a computer or some other device has been infected with malware? 🤔

If possible, log into the router and check for unrecognized devices. If any are found, block them.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Besides what the other poster has said, I give my few cents.

It matters if the connection was UDP or TCP.

Only if the victim was attacked with TCP and did a three way TCP (TCP syn, TCP syn/ack, TCP ack) handshake, then the IP Address in question is not spoofed. If on the other hand a TCP three way handshake did not happen, then the IP Address in question maybe of been spoofed.

If the victim was attacked with UDP on the hand there is no guarantee that the IP Address was or was not real (read: spoofed).

[EDIT] If you received this message by e-mail saying that you hacked someone, do not click on their links / open any attachments. Instead find their official website with Google (or some other online search engine).

VzCstmrForYrs
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's possible someone used your Wifi 

0 Likes