Problem regarding construction damage by Verizon contractor (FIOS)
phillyman1

Hi,

I'm having an issue with FIOS related construction/ road work. About two weeks before a crew came to install FIOS in my neighborhood I got a letter from Verizon about the process and it listed a phone number if there were any problems.

The crew arrived and did a quick job installing the "trunk line" in that process they needed to cut a trench across the street. I then waited a week to see if a different crew still needed access and if a "patching" crew would come and fill the damaged road. Sadly no, I searched for the letter and it had gotten thrown out. I cannot find a specific FIOS construction phone number online so,I reported the damage through the general hotline but nobody seemed to know how to deal with it since my service still works.

The problem is the trench is getting deeper and I'm worried about the damage to the road and my car!

Has anyone had to report unfinished or damages because of FIOS installation crews? If yes, what number did you use?

I assume a contractor needs to come out and fix this. Reporting it through the call center would only activate a verizon service truck with is not what I need.

Best regards and thanks,

Phillyman

0 Likes
Re: Problem regarding construction damage by Verizon contractor (FIOS)
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we have not heard back from you we have closed out your support case. If you need additional assistance in the future please feel free to create a new thread. We are here to help 24/7

-Amanda_M

0 Likes
Columbia2

Verizon contractors are the WORST- . I had to have my cable replaced because it was buried 2" deep through my flower bed bad it was cut while edging for mulch which we do every year. I called verizon and told them specifically that I needed to have the new cable run the same way the temporary cable was run and NOT through the bed.

Naturally these **bleep** not only ran the new cable right down the middle of the bed but they trampled everything killing 2 and damaging a rare $80 plant.

Worst part is that Verizon either doesn't who the contractor is or just won't tell me.

I take back everything nice I have said about verizon. Too bad they don't read these posts or if they do they don't care enough to do anything about our issues.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Columbia

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

We hadn't heard from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,

-Amanda_M

0 Likes