Property (Vehicle) Damage During New Verizon Line Installation
diggypkw

On 4/7, there was a very large, white, bucket Verizon truck that was installing new lines on the 2300 block of S. Rosewood St. in South Philadelphia.  I normally do not drive my car during the week, so it had remained parked since 4/3, which was the last time I drove it.  I noticed the damage on the morning of 4/9, when I went out to obtain potting soil out of my car.  There was clearly a large vehicle that scraped basically the entire side of my car.  The white paint transfer hit every angle on the side of my car.  I had a Geico adjuster assess the damage and was going to go ahead and pay the deductible before two neighors informed me about the Verizon truck being on the street on 4/7.  One of my neighbors said he specifically thought something was odd when he visibly watched the gentlement in the Verizon truck sliding a piece of cardboard on the vehicle that was in front of mine so that it would not damage it.  My car was parked on the opposite side of the street of a light/power pole, which means this large truck that should not have been going down the street to begin with without it being cleared, had to pull into the street in order to avoid the pole.  This must have been the time that the damage was done to my car.  We have trash and recycling truck that are large and regularly pass down this street and I've never had any problem.  This was careless and irresponsible, especially considering that the driver of this Verizon truck did not even leave information indicating the damage.  I called and reported the claim to Sedgwick, two days ago but they now say they do not have a record of it.  The case number that I have is {edited for privacy}.  I would like this attended to asap.

0 Likes
Re: Property (Vehicle) Damage During New Verizon Line Installation
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes