Safety Hazzard! Verizon Will Not Place Lid On In Ground Junction Boxes
Wrngway1
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are 2 in ground junction boxes adjacent to my row of townhomes.  Each is about a foot wide, two feet long, and about a foot deep.  Children play in this area and they aren't easy to see.  Someone is going to get hurt, and it'll be Verizon's fault.

I've contacted Verizon Customer Support 3 times on this issue.  My HOA contacted Verion as well. 

How can this get resolved?

I don't want someone to be hurt, but I would certainly provide my communication in support of the injured party suing Verizon for medical bills if necessary.  Does it have to come to this before Verizon will correct the problem?

Two open boxes are located along Morning Glen Ct. in Alexandria, VA.  This is easy to fix.  Please do so.

0 Likes
Re: Safety Hazzard! Verizon Will Not Place Lid On In Ground Junction Boxes
prisaz
Legend

I had the exact opposite experience. The one behind my townhome was missing bolts, and was being removed and moved constantly. I contacted Verizon repair and the issue was resolved within 2 days. It may be that they need to find the correctly fitting covers. I contacted the repair department and, after they insisted on scheduling a repair at my house, I explained it was not my home, but a safety issue, behind my home. They took it very seriously.

Mark P.

Germantown, MD

I will try and help pass this on.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@KH-OrnEsh wrote:

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

"Two open boxes are located along Morning Glen Ct. in Alexandria, VA"

Probably would be easy to locate. Mine was. It is hard to miss the big holes when going down the street. Mine I provided the address and it was spotted right away.

Thanks ornahp. You and I spotted this post at the same time.

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the potential dangers with the uncovered boxes. I have sent you a private message to get some account info from you so we can send the request to fix this.

Wrngway1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I've been trying to have this fixed for five months now. I really don't know why this hasn't been taken care of yet.  The junction boxes are easy to find if you're looking for them. 

I followed the advice in the PM.  I'm hoping this time it'll be taken care of.  Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Another suggestion that might get quick action: contact your city. Most cities have someone responsible for oversight regarding the various utility providers in the city, and since it is a safety issue I suspect you can get some quick action using that route.

Can't hurt, and be sure to tell them you have previously contacted Verizon.....

Keller, TX 76248

Wrngway1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, a tech came out today.  I couldn't be home, but he left me a message with an incorrect contact number.  So I couldn't call him back.  I received a text message saying the ticket was closed.  Not surprisingly, the lids aren't on the boxes yet.

I may have to contact my local government for help on this as suggested above.  Oddly Verizon is incapable of puttinga  couple of lids on. 

I did call tech support again.  The rep was helpful, as always.  He was going to contact the tech's supervisor and talked with another department as well who informed him that the issue had been resolved.  Clearly, there are still two holes in the ground.  Another tech is coming out tomorrow.  I made sure to state exactly where the boxes are. We'll see if he can do any better.

I'm amazed that this is still an issue.

Re: Safety Hazard! Verizon Will Not Place Lid On In Ground Junction Boxes
LibertyTPA

We are a large Real Estate Investment Trust that has properties throughout the USA and we cannot get anyone to come out and repair a junction box that has has been broken for 3 months and is a HUGE safety hazard to our tenants and employees!  We have stopped Verizon workers who were out on the property and they just say "that's FIOS - that isn't my department".  We have even had our  corporate person who deals with ALL of our Verizon contracts for the nation contact her Verizon Representative(s) numerous times to try to get this expedited as quickly as possible and still we have had no luck!  It's incredible how such a large company can have such horrible customer service.  The only thing I can say is at least it's consistent, it doesn't matter if you are National REIT or a homeowner you get the same bad, non-caring, non-responsive customer service!  I guess someone will wake up when we decide that we aren't renewing ANY of our access contracts with Verizon!

0 Likes
MSivilli

I have a similar problem - on the stretch of road outside my neighborhood, we have a junction box without a front on it and it's been that way the entire summer. I've called it in twice and they've never bothered to fix it.

I just got off the phone to call it in again and some guy named Charlie transferred me to his supervisor - who never picked up the phone.

My next call is to our city code enforcement. If these folks aren't willing to keep up with their equipment, they need to remove it.

We have lots of kids in our neighborhood and sooner or later one of them is going to get hurt.

0 Likes