Set top box price increase??!!!???
Sly12

So i just got my verizon bill and i noticed the increase per set top box. I don't understand how prices flucuate while IN CONTRACT!! Did anyone else get an increase or am i just the unlucky one?

0 Likes
Re: Set top box price increase??!!!???
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon contracts lock in the service price, not the equipment rental fees.  I haven't seen a STB increase in several years; maybe I'm due for one.

Increases in below the line fees like the RSN fee and FDV administrative fee are other ways your total payment can go up.  Depending on the fee, it may take effect during or after a contract.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Sly12

That does not seem like a reasonable structure... So Verizon can change the price of certain things while in contract, but if you're not happy and want to terminate, they hit you with the early cancelation fee...

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Reasonable or not, that's how the contract is written.  You don't have to accept it.  If you don't want to be under contract you can go month-to-month.  Then you can terminate anytime you want without penalty.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also change your equipment and plans without an ETF.

Don't like the STB prices, switch to TIVO or other device that uses cable card.

0 Likes
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

Yes.  I had the same issue as you.  They explained it exactly as it was written above.  They cannot change my package priceduring the contract term, but that does not include the equipment, etc.   I thought that was totally unfair too.  What's the point of a contract then?  

0 Likes