Signing up for 2 year contract
shorejeff76

When my current contract was up, I tried to sign up for another 2 year contract.   Mentioning that the triple play was 79.99 and attempting to get a similar offer like new customers are getting, I was told that the best I could get for internet (50/50), phone and television even with a two year contract was $140.  

Also I was told that could not receive a promotional gift card like new customers.  Why are new customers treated so much more favorably than existing customers.  I truly love Verizon's products but when calling Verizon, people were rude to me and told me that I am lucky even getting this "deal" of $140.  Where has the customer service gone and why are others eligible for this if they don't have a track record with Verizon ?

INTERNET + TV + PHONE

79 99For 2 years. Plus taxes, equip. charges, FDV & other fees.2
FiOS® TV Select HD + FiOS® Internet 25/25 Mbps + FiOS® Digital Voice Unlimited

NO ANNUAL CONTRACT
+ 2-YR PRICE GUARANTEE

0 Likes
Re: Signing up for 2 year contract
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Cable companies offer new customer pricing to get just that new customers. They take the loss of revenue in the hopes of keeping that customer long term and receiving full revenue for many years to come. When you were a new customer you already received that pricing. Now they want to receive full price from you. You would have to switch your provider for a time and if you decided to come back you would then receive new customer pricing once again. It is not just a Verizon practice it is an industry practice.

0 Likes