So frustrated with Verizon Customer (dis)service
VicM1

My ONT went out yesterday.  I verified that power was getting to it.  I tried to reset it per directions on the automated FiOS "helper" but was unsuccessful.  I had to speak with someone.

1 hour on hold.  (on my Verizon cell phone) I hung up and tried to fiddle with the ONT again.  No luck.  Tried to use the chat via the FiOS app but the chat window kept timing out between the messages and eventually as I was signing in again, the chat representative said that she was ending the chat because I didn't respond fast enough.  So I called the phone number for live help again.

90 minutes on hold.   I hung up.  

Somehow I figured out how to request service on the website.  Earliest they can come is in 4 days.  I rely on the internet for work.  Here's the kicker- they are going to charge me $50 just to come out, plus they say it will cost me if any repairs are needed to their 9 year old equipment.  

I've had it with Verizon.  I called Comcast and arranged installation.  1/2 the price of Verizon for same level of service (and I get the new fancy updated equipment).  So I look back at how to just cancel Verizon and find that I have to call them.  But they are only available for cancellations Monday-Friday.  

I know Comcast is not going to be much better, they both are terrible.  But after 9 years of Verizon I don't feel like a valued customer.

0 Likes
Re: So frustrated with Verizon Customer (dis)service
jonjones1
Legend

Very sad story.

i hope it all works out for you.

0 Likes