Special Projects Billing from CMR Claims Dept
JRCheek

I have read several posts on this forum regarding "Special Projects Billing" statments from "Verizon c/o Claim Dept". I, too, have received such a bill. Mine is for $344.07. I had to have the fios cable repaired when I accidentally severed the line when attempted to transplant grass in my yard. My shovel went down just far enough to get below the root line of my sod in order to prepare a garden bed and then transplant the grass. When the first repair man came out, he just laid a new cable on top of the yard and said someone would come later and bury the cable. I asked him if the cable could be buried via a different route and he said yes and he ran the cable the direction I asked him to run it. When the subsequent crew came out, they completely ignored the new run and ran the new cable almost exactly the same path as the old one. I remember asking the same thing when I had FIOS first installed and the bury crew again ignored the my directions. 

Bottom line, I do not believe I am liable for this $344.07 repair bill. The only place I can find any possible resolution is on this forum. There is not an appropriate avenue on the "Contact Us" portion of the website.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

0 Likes
Re: Special Projects Billing from CMR Claims Dept
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Apologies we were unable to reach the conclusion you were hoping for, JRCheek.

Please let us know if you should have any other issues with your service by posting on our public boards.

Best,

Art

0 Likes
whightower23

I have been reading the forums regarding  "Special Projects Billing" statments from "Verizon c/o Claim Dept". I have received a bill from a debt collector named CMR (Claims Management Resources) in the amount of $351.17. I have called several departments (including corporate, who I never heard from) and everyone I talk to can't seem to find out where this bill originated. I am trying to understand why I owe money to a debt collector if I have a current Verizon internet account that has a zero balance, and I got no notices from any department within Verizon notifying me that I owed them any amount of money. 

I do, however know what this charge is about, but I was told by a verizon representitive that I would not be liable for charges. The incident happened as follows:

I had to have the fios cable repaired whenmy dog dug up the wire and chewed in up, severing the cable. (The cable was buried about 3 inches deep, way too shallow.) When the first repair man came out, he just laid a new cable on top of the yard and said someone would come later and bury the cable. I asked him if the cable could be buried via a different route and he said yes and he ran the cable the direction I asked him to run it. When the subsequent crew came out, they completely ignored the new run and ran the new cable almost exactly the same path as the old one. I remember asking the same thing when I had FIOS first installed and the bury crew again ignored the my directions. 

Bottom line, I do not believe I am liable for this $351.17 repair bill. The only place I can find any possible resolution is on this forum. There is not an appropriate avenue on the "Contact Us" portion of the website. I have exhausted all options I know of contacting Verizon and CMR. PLEASE HELP!!!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi whightower23,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
whightower23

How log will it be until someone contacts me on the private message board?

@LawrenceC wrote:

Hi whightower23,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

We have no way to know how quickly you will receive a reply.  You will need to check the private case or subscribe to be notified.

0 Likes
whightower23

It has been several hours and nothing. I have subscribed and I am waiting.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Typical response is to allow 2 business days.

0 Likes