Sub-account Creation Failed..
KutzCpa

Attempted to create a subaccount and kept receiving an error message.  Was told on live chat to contact tech support (the number I was given to call ended up being the wrong department).  Spoke with someone who did a "refresh."  She ended up deactivating and reactivating our emails.  The last part is questionable since we've been down for 18 hrs.  Spent an hour on the phone last night, an hour this morning and can't seem to get anywhere.  I don't understand why someone has the ability to disable my email accounts when they don't know how to fix the problem they created.  Glad I spoke with a supervisor last night, since the rep I was speaking to could not understand that I shouldn't hang up and wait until tomorrow for someone to fix the subaccounts because this was now a new issue.  Subaccounts and terminating my email are unrelated.

I've searched on here for a solution..I've seen people post this problem and that it's been fixed, but have not seen anyone say how.

0 Likes
Re: Sub-account Creation Failed..
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Anytime a tech support agent disables and enables your account, it should be almost instant. At most it should take a couple of hours to come back up if the system is having trouble. If it's taking longer than that, something is wrong.

KutzCpa

It has now been almost 48 hrs.  Every supervisor tells me a different story.  The last one said it needs to cycle through the system.  All the lines I'm being fed sound ridiculously false to me.  Just sitting here helpless, having our business basically disabled all this time.  I call, they say there's no point, there's nothing anyone can do and I just have to wait.  Have begun trying to convince my bosses having a @verizon.net email account is no longer the way to go.

Wish there was someone who could help 😞  Thank you for the response!

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Ok, when you call in again, ask if it's disabled on the billing side or on the production side. (They have different tools for the different systems.)

If it's deactivated through billing, then you'll have to talk to the Billing department, because tech support can't help you.

If it's just disabled on the production side and they aren't able to enable it, then they need to send a ticket to the "OSC" department to get it pushed through.

When they can't quickly figure out what's going on, tech support agents have a tendency to say that you just need to wait. While this is legitimately true sometimes, most of the time they are just trying to get you off of the phone so their stats don't get screwed by the long call. They know that when it's not fixed later you'll call back, and it will be someone else's headache to deal with.

Also, try asking for a supervisor right from the get-go. Sups aren't generally held to the same handle time standards that regular agents are, so they can take more time to help you. Just make sure you explain to the agent that they haven't done anything wrong, you just want to speak to a supervisor.

Best of luck!

mamma_bear1

Did you ever get this worked out??

I am challenged with someone deactivating my email and now they can't seem to activate it and I can't find anyone to help??

Would love to find a way to talk with someone who could actually fix this....

Of course you can't email me, since my account in not active but I will watch this page for answers...

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service. You can also schedule a repair. Here is the link: http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can also find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

@mamma_bear wrote:

Did you ever get this worked out??

I am challenged with someone deactivating my email and now they can't seem to activate it and I can't find anyone to help??

Would love to find a way to talk with someone who could actually fix this....

Of course you can't email me, since my account in not active but I will watch this page for answers...

0 Likes