TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - Bait and Switch Practices from Internet to Store service
PaulColose

I recently had a remote stop working, so I contacted verizon via online chat to ask if they replaced remotes at no charge. I was told no, and that they were $14.99, BUT there was a way I could get new remotes. If I upgraded my set-top boxes, I was told that new remotes would be included with the new boxes. I was then walked through the online order process and given the option to have them mailed or pick up at a local store. I chose the store.

BIG MISTAKE

When I got to the store, I was told I would be charged a "restocking fee" for returning my 7+ year old SD boxes, which I refused, and was told if I took them to a UPS Store, they would do it at no charge. ???? Why does that make sense? First complaint. That is simply stupid.

I was given a bag with the new boxes, and stupidly didn't check it before I left. When I got home... of course, no remotes. As it was late, I waited until the next day to inquire from the store, and was promptly told they would cost me $14.99 each, even though I had purchased new boxes. They said that I was simply doing a "switch", which doesn't entitle me to new remotes. As the ENTIRE PURPOSE of getting new boxes was essentially to replace a remote, I now felt thoroughtly defeated and angry.

I attempted to try the first avenue of contact, online chat, and was told that they didn't have "full access" to my records, and should call the 1-800-VERIZON number. Sigh. Second complaint. The modes of contact don't seem to keep unified records of customer interactions so everyone is on the same page....

So, jumping through all the hoops, I called the 800 number. Ken, the nice rep listened patiently while I ranted about not being appreciated for being a 7 year FiOS customer, and told me since "I had an ongoing thing" with the store, I should go in, armed with my transcript of the chat that ensured I would get new remotes, and ask to speak to a supervisor. Well, the supervisors apparently leave after normal business hours, so tonight I was given the same song and dance as my return visit. I was even told I could get charged for the remotes, then call customer service and they could take the charge off my account.

Are you serious, Verizon? You're only interested in new acquisitions and not customer retention, that you're willing to dump someone paying $150 a month to you, no questions asked, for something so negligible? I won't even gripe about the half hour waiting on the phone to get no satisfaction, because that's everywhere.

I am planning to cancel my FiOS service and go with Comcast. They've been sending me fliers for years, since I left them to come to YOU!

Sincerely,

Paul Colose

extremely dissatisfied customer

0 Likes
Re: TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - Bait and Switch Practices from Internet to Store service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - Bait and Switch Practices from Internet to Store service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Paul,

We are glad we were able to get everything sorted our with the remotes and the equipment. Based on you no longer responding, it seems all is well and you no longer needed our help. So, we have closed you private support thread. Feel free to make a new thread anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes