Takes too long for HD tv, Netflix and HULUPLUS to load
snorton2

I'm having so many problems with my Extreme HD that I'm thinking it's not worth the money I'm paying you.  I have to wait forever for my HD tv to load and even longer for my Netflix or HULU.  Then it freezes or I get a message that there is a problem with the connection, please try later.  So I turn everything off and disconnect the router, wait 30-45 seconds, reconnect and eventually get my programs.

I'm also having mega problems with FIOS on demand. Interuptions in service and certain channels are unstable, unreliable like TNT and National Geographic and Discovery.

This really sucks.  I have used the in-home agent and had your people out to service it.  They put a booster on my router because my lines are older.  I'm ready to switch to another carrier.

0 Likes
Re: Takes too long for HD tv, Netflix and HULUPLUS to load
Fred10007

I think Verizon intentionally disrupts Netflix, Amazon, etc., so that it can sell its Redbox service.  What do others think?

0 Likes
Re: Takes too long for HD tv, Netflix and HULUPLUS to load
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Fred10007 wrote:

I think Verizon intentionally disrupts Netflix, Amazon, etc., so that it can sell its Redbox service.  What do others think?

Not exactly what is happening.  They do have disputes with various Networks such as COGENT (other besides Verizon have had similiar disputes.  Its all about who pays for the necessary upgrades needed to handle the traffic.  So called peering rules for such networks where traffic is roughtly the same in each direction means each pay.  But Cogent has seveal big streaming customers such as netflix and most traffic is from them to the other networks.  Cogent want to still be considered a peer, but others such as Verizon don't agree.

Note for some of these services some people have no trouble, and thats probably because some of these have multiple providers providing them with service.  For example I usually have no trouble with youtube, another cogent customer, but usually when I check Cogent is not in my routing.

0 Likes