Technician Charge
angelayun4520

It is the second time I got an increased bill after having repaired one of the verizon services. Happened the same thing.

Last month, my Fios phone did not worked for about 10 days. I called the customer service and made an appointment for repair. Before making the appointment, I asked the representative that will it charge anything but what he said was probably not.

On the scheduled repair day, the tech came in and walked around inside and outside my house for about 30 minutes. Then he repaired one single wire inside the wall. I asked him before he left about the possible charge, but he also said "no".

After 2-3 weeks, I received the bill. It had service charge of $137 for staying here only about 30-40 minutes.

The similar case happened several months ago. I had  a problem in watching certain channels. The tech came in and replaced the COAX cable and left. I was charged ridiculosly high service charge too at that time.

Ok, Here's my point.

1. I am a customer using the Verizon's phone internet TV services. When there is any technical difficulty and I cannot use the service for many days. They never say sorry or give any credits for the days to compensate.

2. Wires and COAX cable. Who even touches that wires and cables? We do not have any kids at home. Verizon always says when there is wire problem, it is customer's fault not maintaining them properly. Who maintains the wires regularly? Most of them do not take care of them I believe. Also the wires get damaged when they get old. Verizon never takes that in consideration.

3. They always say (at least 2 times for me), there would not be any charge about that problems. Customer representatives and technicians said the same thing for the two cases. If you going to charge, let us know before you sendng the technician and bills. If I had known there would be $137 for the simple repair job, I have never made an appointment. I would rather not use the phone service for a while and cancel the plan or anyway.

I am very dissatisfied, disappointed and frustrated after having experieced the similar case, I would say trap, second time in a row.

I called the customer center about this problem but they never tried to listen or give any credits for it. What they are saying was basically "You have to pay the full amount."

When there is another technical difficulty in near future, I decide not to call or report problem to avoid extra charge.Instead, I will cancel my services. I've been using the Fios for many years but they never give me anything.  Very disappointed 

0 Likes
Re: Technician Charge
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes