That $250. gift card
Traa

I received that $250 gift card for Verizon wireless that can only be used on Verizon wireless products or to pay my wireless bill...I am not a Verizon wireless customer and no one can seem to tell me what to do with the card except give it to someone who’s a wireless customer and let them give you the cash or go shopping in the store...I’m a T-Mobile customer. I’m so done right about now, been on the phone for over an hour...I might call my local TV station and get the troubleshooter in on this😡😡

0 Likes
Re: That $250. gift card
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Traa,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: That $250. gift card.
Traa

So the Situation is still ongoing with this gift card. Now the only way you can really use this card is to buy stuff from their store. So I went in to Purchase the Samsung Gear 2  watch, which is being advertised for $250 but when you go in they are telling me that they don’t sell the watch separately you have to have a Verizon wireless plan....again I’m a T mobile Customer. When will it end...so I will be contacting one of my local TV stations which is Channel 6 ABC here in Philadelphia and I will be asking to speak to Miss Nydia Han, she is the  troubleshooter...I’m so done trying to fight this myself.😡😡😡😡😡😡

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Traa wrote:

So the Situation is still ongoing with this gift card. Now the only way you can really use this card is to buy stuff from their store. So I went in to Purchase the Samsung Gear 2  watch, which is being advertised for $250 but when you go in they are telling me that they don’t sell the watch separately you have to have a Verizon wireless plan....again I’m a T mobile Customer. When will it end...so I will be contacting one of my local TV stations which is Channel 6 ABC here in Philadelphia and I will be asking to speak to Miss Nydia Han, she is the  troubleshooter...I’m so done trying to fight this myself.😡😡😡😡😡😡

Well let’s figure this out logically. You have a T-Mobile wireless account and when you got Fios you get the Verizon wireless gift card as the promotional offer?

you get the card and you decide to get a gear watch just all by its self. However Verizon like other cell companies require you to have a service of wireless from them so as to link the watch for use to a number on your account. 

Since you are not a wireless customer of Verizon they do not sell stock out of their inventory to non wireless customers. The other providers may have a similar policy.

The news will not do anything since it is a business promotion from Fios to get that customer to also take their service. I am sure if you wanted a case or external charging device or some other accessory the gift card would have been honored.

also Verizon uses CDMA technology and not GSM like T-Mobile not compatible outside of higher end cell phones which can use the different bands.

0 Likes
sushi2

I am also waiting for that elusive gift card and it has been 5.5 months. Frankly, I am tired of the bullcrap and lies. I was also promised a cable box and free DVR service. I told the salesperson, at the NY State Fair that I had tivo but I could connect the cable box to my second television. It angers me and I feel sorry for the salesperson that I will take my frustrations out on at the upcoming fair. I plan to make a scene and make sure that all the prospective new clients know that they are being fed a line of bullcrap and that they won't get most of what they are promised. Furthermore, the supposed super fast service is so great that I cannot even stream one show without continuous pauses for buffering. It is beyond frustrating. I had better service and more channels with Spectrum/Time Warner. Very close to dumping FiOS and making it known how terrible the customer service and service in general is. The customer care seems to be very low on their list and I wonder how a company can continue operating in this day and age of social media with so many people claiming fraud unless it's all talk. I just happen to have a long memory and don't forgive so easily. There was also a link provided to check on the status of the so-called gift card but it doesn't seem to exist, at least the two links ihavI found here don't. Hmm! All I want is what was promised to me.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Http://www.dps.ny.gov 

they are in charge of Verizon in NY

Non receipt of a gift card is http://www.oag.ny.gov 

they also have an online complaint form or call their toll free number.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sushi,

Have you contacted Verizon Support at 1-800-VERIZON to check the status of your gift card or to report your service issues?

0 Likes
sushi2

i did indeed. just after the three month point. i was basically told to be patient and that it should arrive but as i said, 5.5 months later and i am still waiting.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Use my method. Much faster and it will be documented by the powers that be that regulate Verizon 

0 Likes
Re: That $250. gift card
olszewskifamily

The same thing happened to us. When we were talking to an agent about switching carriers, the gift card was asked about explicitly. Not once was it mentioned that it could only be used at a Verizon Wireless Store. I find this to be a very shady sales tactic from a company that I used to hold in high esteem. I am very disappointed and looking into other options.

0 Likes