UNWANTED HELP
scotty544
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I get the "HELP" screen not to show up every time I turn on my machine? It's very annoying. When I want help, I'll turn it on.

Thanks, Scitty544

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: UNWANTED HELP
prisaz
Legend

@scotty544 wrote:

It's the internet explorer help window. There is also a Verizon symbol on top top tab.

Odd that the help window would be showing up as the default. Sounds like you may have malware or something else going on.

You can change your home page.

1. Go to the page you wish to use as your home page.

2. Select tools on the browser menu, and select Internet Options.

3 In the internet options you can select the Home Page. Use Current Use Default or Use Blank.

I always go to the page I want to use as my home page and the select use current.

If you have just loaded a Verizon software or set up services, it may have set that page as the home page trying to help.

But if it keeps changing, I would say your browser may have been hijacked, and you need to check your PC for malware.

Also if your Internet Explorer is loading each time you PC starts check your start programs startup folder in the start menu. Remove it if it is there.

View solution in original post

prisaz
Legend

What help screen? Discribe the screen. Is this a Windows or Verizon help screen?

0 Likes
scotty544
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's the internet explorer help window. There is also a Verizon symbol on top top tab.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@scotty544 wrote:

Odd that the help window would be showing up as the default. Sounds like you may have malware or something else going on.

You can change your home page.

1. Go to the page you wish to use as your home page.

2. Select tools on the browser menu, and select Internet Options.

3 In the internet options you can select the Home Page. Use Current Use Default or Use Blank.

I always go to the page I want to use as my home page and the select use current.

If you have just loaded a Verizon software or set up services, it may have set that page as the home page trying to help.

But if it keeps changing, I would say your browser may have been hijacked, and you need to check your PC for malware.

Also if your Internet Explorer is loading each time you PC starts check your start programs startup folder in the start menu. Remove it if it is there.

scotty544
Enthusiast - Level 2

Windows

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@scotty544 wrote:

Windows

I'm a PC. You must be a MAC. I would rather put up with glitches here and there and manage my PC. Apple run approved apps and then pay much more for hardware. I played, PLAYED with the new IPad and it is nothing more than a glorified IPod touch with a bigger screen. I can't count the times I locked up Safari because it was too many. Don't get me wrong X-windows has it's place on Linux, but OSX you can keep.

0 Likes
scotty544
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a PC too.

0 Likes
scotty544
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds like it will work.

Thanks

Scotty