Unable to access or redeem $50 gift card
empug
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like many, many, MANY others, I have been unable to access or redeem my $50 Verizon gift card. I have tried clicking the link in my email, acessing the site via the Fios app, and using several different browsers on my desktop, all with no luck. I have tried on different days and different times and still receive the following error message:

"Due to a system issue, the reward website is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

I called and was on hold for 30 minutes and never reached an actual human. I tried chatting and the rep was very nice, but was ultimately unable to solve the issue. The solution offered was to try again later or on a different day. Nevermind the fact that I've already done that many times... I'm guessing that I will continue to run into the same issue and the reward will expire (on 7/20) before I'm able to use it.

The agent did say that there was a current site issue that their engineers are trying to resolve. This seems like something that Verizon should be communicating directly to their customers, rather than forcing them to reach out.

It's dishonest and scummy to lure people into using your service by advertising rewards you know they won't be able to access or use. Don't bother offering it if you're not going to follow through. If anyone has any alternative ISP suggestions (that aren't Spectrum), please let me know!

Re: Unable to access or redeem $50 gift card
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi empug,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes