Unable to redeem e-gift card received for new mobile account
jsh1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

I transferred my phone from another carrier to Verizon. Verizon promised a gift card and they sent an email after few months. Here is the email format:

------------

Thank you from Verizon. Included is your $450 Verizon eGift Card for tracking number {edited for privacy}.

Use your Verizon Gift Card to shop the best tech. Choose from cases and chargers to headphones and wearable tech. Shop accessories from the top brands you trust.

Gift card information                                                           

Card number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                   

Card PIN: xxxxxxxx                                                              

Contact Us if you have questions.                                               

Thanks for choosing Verizon.

--------------

All good, but there are zero instructions or useful links on how to use it. Anyway, Google helped and sent me to this FAQ page:

https://www.verizon.com/support/gift-card-faqs/

The #4 FAQ seemed relevant

------------------

• Yes. You can pay your Verizon mobile bill with a one-time payment from a Verizon Gift Card when you’re using Auto Pay.

Important: You must have a balance due to be able to add a Verizon Gift Card as a bill payment option.

To add the card, in My Verizon through our website or using the My Verizon app:

1. Go to your Auto Pay settings in your My Verizon account.
    2. Choose Manage, then Add Method and choose Gift Card.
    3. Follow the prompts to add your Verizon Gift Card information and card PIN and then make the bill payment.I’m using Auto Pay for my Verizon mobile bill. Can I use a Verizon Gift Card to pay my bill?

-----------------

But when I followed above instructions it was a DEAD end. There is no link for "Gift Card". So clearly misleading and time waste. This is what options the FAQ suggested instructions provided (see the attached screen shot):

--------------

Add a new one.
Auto Pay discount applies to eligible plans only when using a checking account, debit card or the Verizon credit card.
Online Banking

You can also manually enter your routing and
account number

Credit or debit card

----------

There is no option for "Gift Card"???

And now one hour on this customer service phone number: 1-800-922-0204 and there is no one.

What are my options (besides filing a BBB complaint)?

jsh1234 

0 Likes
Re: Unable to redeem e-gift card received for new mobile account
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help with Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes