Unannounced Excavation on My Property
kfbalto
     As I write this E-mail, workers from Lamberts Cable Splicing Company LLC, a Verizon contractor, are digging on my property without my permission. They arrived early this morning (Saturday, 8/9/2014) with no warning, blocked my driveway with their truck and machinery and began digging up my lawn adjacent to the driveway. No door hangers were left beforehand - I know this to be true because I check our front door every night for packages from UPS, etc. We saw no paint marks on the grass or sidewalk beforehand - I know this because my wife and I walked by there last night. We received no phone or E-mail messages warning of this work, either.
    While your contractor may (or may not) have the legal right to do this work, legality is not the point. They do not, in fact, own our neighborhood and are guests here. I deeply resent this incursion on my property, especially on a weekend, conducted with no warning and disrupting access to my house. I am recording this debacle in detail with photographs and should any further damage be done to my property, such as undermining and collapse of my driveway, I will do whatever is necessary to get compensation. Please think about this the next time you send your contractors to arrogantly barge into someone else's property early on a Saturday morning without warning with screaming laborers and deafening air compressors!
0 Likes
Re: Unannounced Excavation on My Property
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello kfbalto,

This community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

0 Likes
kfbalto

@LawrenceC wrote:

Hello kfbalto,

This community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

Exactly who in your vast organization should I contact and how?

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Click on the contact us on the bottom of the page.