Untold labor charge fee!
Fanni

I just realized that the bill last month charged me $91 for the labor service. Last month our cable had a little problem and I asked for help on the online chat. The help from the chat seemed not helping much. Then the agent told me she would send a technician to help, but she never mentioned there would be a charge. I would definitely decline the technician service if I were told about the labor service fee. 

I was quite surprised about the charge when I saw the bill and I immediately called the Verizon Customer Service and Billing. They said it is commonsense that I should konw there would be a charge for technician to come to my home. But how should I know that when it is the first time when I did the online chat and the agent never mentioned about it?

I would definitely decline the technician service if I were told about the labor service fee.  If I agreed to a charge to have a technician come, then I would gladly pay it. I don't know, maybe the Tech Support rep needs to meet a quota of setting appointments so Verizon can charge unwitting customers.

The monthly fee I paid to verizon is way more than $91, I just do not like to be charged without being informed first. I am respectfully requesting someone to pull up the online chat record and see whether she mentioned anything about the labor charge. After this is verified, I am requesting that Verizon do the right thing and reverse the charge on my account. I sincerely hope someone from Verizon is monitoring this message board and can do something about this.

0 Likes
Re: Untold labor charge fee!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Fanni,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We didn't hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you need further assistance, feel free to make a new post in the public Forums. We'll be able to continue looking into your issue.

As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes
dookchoppa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened to me except I talked to a phone rep who _EXPLICITLY_ told me that if there was going to be _any_ charges the technician would communicate it to me before doing anything. Tech came around and fixed my issue (which was related to VERIZON's equipment) and left. Lo and behold, my next bill looks outrageous and turns out I was assessed a $91 labor fee. .Called customer support right away and explained my situation. That rep said she would submit it for review and that I'd get an email of sorts when the refund posts. I get nothing for a week so I decided to chat with a rep this time and I'm told that the claim was denied on the basis that the tech indeed came by (which ISNT what I was arguing). I'm so fed up. I'm about to call in but I know I'm not going to be polite and courteous if I do and I'd hate to subject anyone to that...

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dookchoppa,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
dookchoppa
Enthusiast - Level 1

"We escalated this matter to our billing team and they advised  since there is no IWMP (Inside Wiring Maintenance Plan) on your account,  that the charges will be sustained.  You should be recieving a call within the next 48 hours that should explain the charges. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

-Amanda_M "

tldr; We didn't read what you said. You're at fault for not giving us more money.

Yeah. Great job resolving this. Obviously I don't have the plan. If I wasn't going to consent to a "truck-roll fee", I was sure as hell am not going to be interested in some "plan" that gives Verizon more fixed income. This explanation still doesn't address my original issue which was not being told that there would be a fee.

Furthermore, Verizon supplied the (bad) splitter on installation but from what a customer rep 'supervisor' has told me, Verizon also doesn't send out replacement splitters. If someone's Verizon-supplied MoCA router was broken, are they not given an option to have a replacement sent before sending out a technician? If I've ever heard of a policy to nickle and dime screw a customer, this is it.

And how exorbitant of a fee is that? That's more money I pay my mechanic, my barber, and my kid's babysitter _COMBINED_. The technician took more time climbing up the stairs to my (third floor) apartment, wakling to my place with his dirty boots on, and catching his breath than fixing the issue. The guy's time must be worth gold. I'm glad that he was able to take a 20 minute 91 dollar break outside in his truck before he left too.

I switched over from Comcast to save money. I thought I made a good choice but I must say I've never had to deal with an issue like this with them...

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Very sorry we were unable to come to the conclusion you were hoping for, dookchoppa. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to create a public posting on this board.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
dookchoppa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Conclusion? All I want to see is where these types of charges were disclosed to me and to the public. Like I said from the beginning, I don't care about paying for things as long as I've had the choice to weigh my costs and benefits. But it won't matter what I write. None of my numerous and lengthy PM's were ever really read or addressed.

0 Likes
wayjust

This situation just happened to me.  My wife was told that if any charges were added, we would be told by the technician.  We had a issue with our phone line that the technican said was done by the previous technician who did our house when we moved.  A phone splitter that we never used or knew was there.  Now this month we get a bill for $91.00.  It's absurd.  The technician was in our house for all of 20 minutes.  Furthermore, he said nothing about any fees to us.  He just told what he did and left.  I could not verify what he stated he did due to I had just returned home from surgery.  I hope someone can take of this.  Right is right but this is totally wrong.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello wayjust

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes