Upgrade my Current Package
jcl65431
Enthusiast - Level 3

I currently have the Extreme TV Package and also the 75/75 mbps for internet.

I wanted to upgrade tonight to the 100/100 mbps because Verizon would include the Gateway router for free.  I also wanted to upgrade from Extreme to the Ultimate TV package.

When everything was in my cart, I see the my monthly bill is estimated at $228.51.  I chatted with 3 different reps to see if I could get that bill down to under $200.00.  I heard from a couple people who called Verizon and said the got a "deal" when they haggled with them for a better price.  I had no such luck.

I'm just venting.  $228.51 is too much money for a monthly bill.  You would think they would work with me to get at least some increase in revenue rather than nothing at all.  

A $50.00 increase from Extreme to Ultimate is just hideous.  How much TV can I possible watch in a month to warrant a $50.00 increase?  

How do I get a better deal from Verizon?  Should I just call Time Warner and as them if they have a btter deal?  

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade my Current Package
jcl65431
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not that anyone gives a hoot...TWC will give me the exact same plan as I want with my Verizon account for $198.72 per month.  

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade my Current Package
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of comments:

1) increasing TV package does have a cost to Verizon. They have to pay content providers for every subscriber.

2) internet speed upgrades allows you to download more at a time which uses up more of their backbone.

That being said, call and say you want to cancel. Ask for retention that may offer you a better deal.

0 Likes