VERIZON FORUMS SETTINGS HOW TO USE MACROS IN MESSAGES ?
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are presently using them successfully please reply...step by step instructions or link to where I can find them.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON FORUMS SETTINGS HOW TO USE MACROS IN MESSAGES ?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@TomH309 wrote:

If you are presently using them successfully please reply...step by step instructions or link to where I can find them.

Thanks

Top of the forums where it says

[your username] : Sign Out - My Settings - Private Messages - Help

Click on My Settings. This brings you to a page that has tabs along the top:

Personal Profile | Preferences | Avatars | Tagging | Macros | Subscriptions & Notifications | Social Connect | Mobile

Click on the Macros tab.

Alternatively, click here.

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON FORUMS SETTINGS HOW TO USE MACROS IN MESSAGES ?
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi somegirl:

Thanks for your reply.

Also a special thanks to ElizabethS for information in BLACK below.

My comments in RED

Macros in Verizon forum messages.

The macro area can be found by going to your profile page, then clicking My Settings, and from the tabs there, clicking Macros

When you click Macros, it gives you empty boxes below, a narrow one, and a larger box for each macro.  You type in a title for a macro in the narrow box and enter the text in the window below, then click Save at the bottom of that page.

What confused me was that the “save” was at the end of a total of 100 possible Macros that you can create

To use a macro, you click the body of a post message pane, and on the right, just above the pane is a drop down menu next to the Quote button. There you will see your list of macros by title.

CLICK ON THE ONE YOU WANT TO INSERT INTO THE MESSAGE

Here are some generic Macros which I will plan to customize to answer specific questions.

NEED MORE EQUIPMENT INFO

Equipment ?<br>Router Model No.<br>Set Top Box Model No.<br>STB/DVR Model No.<br>Remotes,PC's, Tv's

NEED MORE SOFTWARE INFO

PC Operating System<br>Browser<br>Email System<br>

NEED MORE VZ SERVICES OWNED

Internet<br>TV<br>Email

WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED

County<br>State

0 Likes