Verizon Abandoned MyFiosGateway
JVerRUID

Although Verizon does not seem to notify anyone (especially clients who are not active on the website or this forum); it seems that some time in 2017, verizon abandoned MyFiosGateway.com (and presumably let the certificate of authentication lapse). 

Although the old email inmplies 'no other changes' from the corporate shedding of Verizon's email services (to AOL), this suupport domain is another loss of service for our creeping costs & stock value increase.

When I gave up on a reply here, phone support tech said she could not brows that domain.

What ever function / service that was there, you will have to use some other way to skin that cat.

It turned out neither of us knew about the difference between my router's web & home facing IPs.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Abandoned MyFiosGateway
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

I have a son who graduated top of his class in Computer Science and. Engineering. We learned a great amount of information about computer security etc from our son. I know that hackers can fake VALID sites and computer and businesses. Many have confirmed that this happening whenever such a site contacted us FIRST TIME. We NEVER HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ACTION TAKEN BY VERIZON UNTIL THE UNKNOWN WARNING CAME UP. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just went to myfiosgateway.com and as expected my router login came up.

It was never anything more than a way to login to your router.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

As said by CRobGauth it is only a name given to your router.  It is not a site, and is an address resolved by your router to point to itself when you do a domain name lookup.  It never actually exists anywhere else. 

If you use Https to the router it gives a low level certificate with root authority that many browser flag as not trusted.  You can accept the trust for this certificate and continue.

0 Likes
ice_shadow_z3br

just got off the phone with Dan in tech support. although the server was abandoned, from home just type in the following IP address to get to the admin login for your router:  IP is on the white sticker on your other equipment and user is admin. password is on the router. now you should be able to change things. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Similar to http://www.routerlogin.net used by Netgear 

the 192.168.1.1 normally resolves to your router. However the login is not admin-password on Verizon routers. The login for my Fios Gateway.net is listed on the sticker on the router. As is the WiFi passwords etc. Verizon does things a little different.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

As said the name is something the router gives itself if you use it for name resolution.

And the Certificates used by these routers (and most other routers) is a self signed certificate so you just have to accept that it can't be authenticated.

0 Likes
Gontro

So what am I supposed to use to log into my modem?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Its not a modem its a router. Did you read my reply?

192.168.1.1 will get you into the router. You must simply ignore the warning and click continue.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes