Verizon Customer Service Complaint
queensgirl1

On April 12th I woke up to one TV that was not working properly.  I called FIOS.  They checked and the agent said that the problem was in the wiring, not the box, and they would send out a technician.  I asked if, while he was in my house, if he could hook up a cable box that was currently disconnected.  She said "sure".  Never was it discussed that any of this would be billed.  A very nice technicial came and did some rewiring and attached the box.  Never was it discussed that any of this would be billed.   The technician left around 4:00 pm. 

Yesterday I recieved a bill for approximately $150 for these services.  I called to discuss it and was told by the first call center person that the charges were accurate and that I had been notified by email.  Upon some investigation, we found that the email was sent at 4:22 -- after the technician left.  And there was no proof that I opened the email (I never saw it).   I should not pay for something that I did not authorize in advance.  And I shouldn't pay for Verizon to fix their own wiring or set up their own equipment.  I asked for a supervisor.  She transfered me.  

I spoke with "Alex" in Manila.  She spent 20 minutes telling me there was nothing she could do.  I asked for her supervisor.  She told me she was the "top level" person in the Manila call center and she "did not have a boss" to escalate to.  Obviously, that is not true.  After more argument she said she would cancel a $49 charge that was going to appear on my next bill, but would not remove the charges on the April bill.  And finally, after I told her I was filing a complaint, she changed her mind and said she could indeed escalate the matter to the US office.  She finally transfered me to the US office, but no one ever answered.

I am a long time Verizon customer (over 20 years of cell phones and 6 years of FIOS).  The first service representative and the technician should have told me about the charges prior to the service.  The call center ladies should have made a "customer accomodation" to keep me happy.   "Alex" should never say she does not have a supervisor -- that is just ridiculous and annoying. 

Spectrum knocks on my door once a week to get me to change.  I could have comparable service for half the price.  Maybe its time to change????

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Customer Service Complaint
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi queensgirl,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes