Verizon FiOS Billing Debacle
jhayes3

Hello all,

Looking for your advice on the following issue.

I alerted Verizon that I wanted to cancel my service several months ago before leaving the country.  However, upon returning to the US recently, I went through my bank statements to discover that I had been wrongly billed for the months after I had cancelled my service.  After multiple calls with many different customer service representatives, one representative informed me that we would create a "case number" for my claim but that it would likely take a minimum of two billing cycles before any verdict on the problem could be reached.  This extremely long timeframe seems RIDICULOUS in itself.  What was more concerning, though, was that the representative could not tell me how to send in any supporting documents to help make my claim (i.e. messages I had sent to Verizon informing them that I wanted to disconnect my service, a copy of my lease showing my end date of residency at the place of service).  I know that Verizon does not routinely use email for customer service requests, but short of mailing in documents (which, when seemingly lost when sent t Verizon last time, started this billing issue), how could I best get electronic copies of these to Verizon?  I was passed from chat representatives to phone numbers that no longer functioned to more unhelpful representatives -- I am at my wit's end and the whole thing seems like a sham.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FiOS Billing Debacle
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jhayes,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
jhayes3

Great, thanks.  I look forward to hearing from somebody soon and will keep the forum updated with the progress so as to help current and future customers should they encounter a similar problem.

0 Likes
jhayes3

Dear Lawrence,

It has now been two days without any sort of follow-up from Verizon by email (including spam/junk), phone, or messaging platform on this site. When should I expect to hear from someone?

Best,

John

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jhayes,

Please allow two full business days for a reply.  Let us know if you have not heard anything by tomorrow and we will follow up.

0 Likes
jhayes3

Hello Lawrence,

Having submitting the original query on Sunday evening, it is now Wednesday afternoon with no sign of communication. Has there been a contact attempt that I have somehow missed?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for that note jhayes. We have sent it to an admin who will contact the Ecenter.

0 Likes