Verizon FiOS Early Termination Fee and Very Poor Customer Service
rtwohig

I posted this as a reply to an earlier thread... but think it deserves a little more attention....  please read.  Thank you.

Re: Verizon FiOS Early Termination Fee -- Salesman AND Manager lied

This is one organization that I will never do business with agan. You live and learn these days!!  They are insisting on charging me the early termination fee of $110.00 even though Verizon DOES NOT offer service in the area I am moving to this August.  My conversation with them today started like this:........ I asked if they had service at my new residential address. They indicating they did not and then I was immediately transferred  to their "disconnect" department.   In this "disconnect" department.....  I was told I would have to pay that termination fee anyway regardless of the fact that Verizon does not offer service in that area.  This was stated per someone named "Jay" representing Verizon....  This Jay  would NOT even consider waiving the termination fee at all...  so I asked to speak with his supervisor and got some complete jackass named Freddy who also  tells me I must take the HD Set Top boxes to a "corporate" UPS location and that they will not waive my termination fee just because??   So I asked for his last name... which he did not give me... but did give what he said was his employee ID number.  ( who really knows if that was a legitimate ID number anyway)  So why is it that  they would not  be willing to waive the fee??  For me ...it  is simple to explain..... Because I complained about  it.... that is why!!   Verizon is very wrong here and this "Freddy" character should be immediately fired.  The company's customer service  does need an immediate overhaul....  and this Freddy  guy is playing with the good name of what once was a very reputable company.   However... now.... because Verizon  have no legimate process for immediate or quick complaint resolutions,  they are  quickly becoming a company that many people do not want to do business with anymore.  I had a similar experience with  Verizon Wireless as well;  when I cancelled their service earlier this year..... It is not that the fee that bugs me so much.... even though it makes little sense......It is Verizon's lack of professional customer service and the questionable ethics of many of this company's representatives that has left such a distaste that I will never do business with them anymore.  Just my 2 cents... for what it might be worth. :smileyfrustrated:

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FiOS Early Termination Fee and Very Poor Customer Service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rtwohig,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for the trouble,

We have closed your private support case. If you have any other troubles with Verizon related services please let us know by creating a new post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes
Kevin4423

I called tonight to cancel my service and they said I was still under contract 34 months after I signed a 2 year contact. They would not allow me to talk to a manger. Terrible customer service. I went to email the elite email address and it looks to be no longer active. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
amandaflag

I have also had horrible service with Verizon customer service and their ETF.  I moved to a new area that Verizon fios does not cover.  When I moved into the new house a few weeks ago, I attempted to cancel their service, but I was told I had to keep it until my phone number was ported to Charter.  I called Verizon to cancel my internet/Fios TV only and they said it would be taken care of.  

Charter sent a request to them on 11/24/14 to port my phone number and Verizon denied the request a week later.  I initially thought it was Charter messing up the port but come to find out, it was Verizon.  I called Verizon on 12/08/14 and I was told they denied the port due to an "outstanding" bill.  Well that bill was for the month in advance, which doesn't make sense because I had already canceled the service.  So they were charging me for the phone, internet, and TV at an empty house.  Verizon made me pay the bill so I could get my phone number ported. I paid the fee and they said the the number  was ready to be ported.  On 12/10/14 I received a call from Charter saying Verizon denied the port AGAIN!!!.  So I called Verizon and according to them, Charter never requested the number.  That doesn't make sense because I’m sure Charter is doing everything they can because they aren't being paid until that number gets ported over.

I asked the Verizon agents to give me something in writing so I could put it back on Charter but they refused to do so.  (Charter gave me written proof documenting Verizon denying the port, so I know Verizon was lying.)  So after dealing with Verizon and their laziness I canceled my phone number, which will cause me a lot of heartache in the future.  The agent then asked if I was canceling the FIOS TV and Internet.  I told him it should have already been canceled, but it wasn't.  So they said it will cancel today after they already took my money for the month.  

I asked to speak to a supervisor and they agent said, "Why, she wont be able to do anything."  I asked him again and he finally agreed to transfer me over.  After a 10 minute wait a lady named Karyn I believe, answered the phone.  I explained to her how my phone number was not being ported and she said "We don’t block a port, Charter must have messed it up.”  I asked her for written documentation and she refused to provide me with anything.  I explained to her the reason why I had to move into a new house, due to work and my safety and she said, “Well if your military I could help you but I’m sorry I cant.”  She said the only way to get out of paying for the ETF, is if I was deployed over seas fighting a war.  Then she said if someone were to die, she could waive the fee...thats ridiculous.  

I asked her if I was going to have to pay for the past few weeks of my service, even though I tried to cancel it and they held up my order and she said, “Ill credit you $11.00.”  Thats nothing when my bill is $150.00 a month.  She did nothing to help even though Verizon dropped the ball on this.  Over all I am very disgusted with the employees and supervision with Verizon and I will most likely never to business with them again, unless they admit their mistakes and make it right.  I have given them thousands of dollars and hours of my time and this is how they repay you.  Oh and by the way, they want me to drive down to the UPS store and return their boxes for them.  So they can inconvenience me further. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes