Verizon Ignored Me as a Customer Then Tried to Lure Me Back
Deebrown921

I signed up for a FIOS triple play in 2010 @$129.99. Six years later my monthly bill is over $250 and I'm done. I call customer service explaining that my bill is too high and I'm thinking of leaving. I ask if there is anything that they can offer so that I'm not forced to switch. Their answer was "Sorry, no". So I switched. Two months later I get a letter from Verizon..."We understand that you've cancelled your FIOS service. Is there anything that we can do to change your mind?". Really Verizon? They offered a triple play pkg for $59.99 with a lower tier TV plan, phone and 50/50 internet. By the time they add charges for set top boxes, router, taxes and fees I'm at well over $100. Plus my current plan has 100/100 internet and I get 134 Mbps on 5G .With FIOS I got 28/19 max from a 75/75 plan. I'm insulted that they ignored me as a customer then tried to lure me back with such a cheezy offer. No more 2 year contracts or hidden charges for me. My next step is an internet only plan coupled with the best streaming service available. Verizon should learn how to value customers.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Ignored Me as a Customer Then Tried to Lure Me Back
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is fairly common for service providers.

Cable, cell phone, even credit cards will offer teaser rates that existing customers can't get.

I bleive the reason is that most people won't bother to chase the cheapest rate.

Too much work to change out equipment, email addresses, etc.

And that's if you even have a choice.

0 Likes