Verizon Jacked up our Bill with $665 in "Restoral & late fees" HELP
RobOnLongIsland

Hello Everyone-

I'm not saying I am in the right, a bill should be paid when it is due, in full with no excuses.  However, sometimes life throws us some curveballs and unless we're the Houston Astros, we often don't see those curveballs coming.  I fell a bit behind on all my bills, and instead of Verizon (of which I have been a longtime and very loyal customer) trying to accomodate me, they hit me with exorbitant fees.  My business was charged $665 in "Restoral & Late charges" since July of 2019.  My monthly bills isn't even $140 after taxes and all those fees.  SO now I have essentially chipped away at the bill, but I'm still owing roughly $665 dollars.  

What had happened was, in an effort to test my debit card or make sure I had a balance in my checking account, I paid a VERY VERY small amount, $1 or $5 and then the Verizon computer system automatically restored my service, even though it had indicated on the payment page that that amount was not enough to restore services.  So the account was suspended, I made a payment for say $20 (NO phone call, no payment agreement, nothing)  but after the system received the $20, it turned back on the service and walloped me with an $86.90 "restoral fee" 

One month they did this twice to me.  $173.80 in restoral fees in November.  I guess it was a Happy Thanksgiving message from Verizon to me.  

Anyway, I am debating just dropping Verizon all together and have them chase me for the balance.  I feel like in front of a collections judge, the fact that did this contrary to what their system indicated, and amassed $665 in fees, on a bill that would have only been $1,120 for that amount of time in services, could seem unreasonable. I mean, I think it is. 

Anyway, just putting this out there so it doesn't happen to anyone else.  Also, will I have any luck in trying to get them to be reasonable?  I was the kind of customer that wouldn't even listen to the walking salespeople selling Cablevision. I told them I was a loyal verizon customer and would never switch. Now I feel like a fool, b/c obviously Verizon never cared for me with the same loyalty I did for their company. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Jacked up our Bill with $665 in "Restoral & late fees" HELP
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RobOnLongIsland,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes