Verizon Property Damage
Janet1993

How do I make a complaint about property damage and negligence? My street was completely destroyed. The construction that caused this was also done by shady unmarked vehicles, construction continued the entire night, and caused an 8-hour water outage. They left a huge mess and no one took any responsibility when I called. This is unacceptable. Who do you expect to pay for this damage? 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Property Damage
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How do you even know that the work being done was for Verizon? There are many utilities in the ground including electric, gas, water, sewer, and communications. Verizon also doesn’t do work like that overnight unless the was an emergency. 

0 Likes
Janet1993

I spoke directly to the people performing the work and they specifically said it was Verizon and that they had an emergency permit to be there for overnight work. I also confirmed it was Verizon with the utility workers who came to fix the water. 

I also know they specifically caused the water damaged because I asked the workers as soon as it happened. They said they hit the water and called to get it fixed. It was very obviously their fault. 

Is there a way to actually report this damage? The road is still badly cracked and it will only get worse. This not the first time I have had a road or personal driveway ruined by Verizon without them taking responsibility. On top of this, I don't know why they were quick to admit it was them doing the work while it was happening but now that they have left damage, they want to know "how do you know it was us?"

They are such cowards and just don't want to pay for this property damage. This is horrible business. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Janet1993,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes