Verizon customer service
krtemn

I am totally disgusted with the total obtuse (lack of) service I had yesterday with a Verizon customer service rep & the floor manager. I have been a customer with Verizon Fios for over year & average a $200+ bill for my triple play services. I have always paid my bills on time. In October I ordered a movie on pay per view that failed to play (it got an error code that said order failed ). So I instead the ordered & watched the movie through Amazon Prime ( which is cheaper!). I called Verizon customer service the next morning to inform them of the issue I experienced. The customer service confirmed that I had received the error code & did NOT watch the movie. She said that she was unable to issue a credit at time since the new bill for October had not yet been generated. She said the best she could do is put in the account notes that I had called about the issue & was to receive a credit when I called back (after receiving my October bill). So I called back today {please keep your posts courteous}. The first rep I spoke with confirmed that she saw in the notes I had previously called & that is was noted that I had NOT watched the movie. However now Verizon is claiming I did watch it! I was outraged. I told her that as a customer who has spent over $1500 on Fios services this past year that I was clearly not trying to hatch a plot to scam Verizon out of a $6 movie!!! I had taken all the reasonable steps a customer should do in notifying them of the issue & expected them to credit me what they promised for a service they didn't provide. She said she was unable to do so & I demanded to speak to manager. What a treat that was! {please keep your posts courteous} I informed him of what had transpired & he kept insisting that even though the notes showed & confirmed that I hadn't watched the movie that I actually had! Unbelievable!!! I was livid! I told {please keep your posts courteous} that I didn't appreciate being called a liar & that it was clearly not worth me spending nearly 90 minutes of my time to try to scam Verizon out of a $6 movie!??? I said it was perfectly clear that I had not watched the movie & would not have wasted all this time arguing that point just to avoid the $6 charge (clearly at this point it is about the principle & NOT the money).  I told that him that if he did not do the right thing & issue the promised credit I would gladly switch back to Comcast (I had been their customer for  over 18 years). He said that was fine with him! I will now place an order to switch my service back to Comcast.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Verizon customer service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi krtemn,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes