Verizon has not buried cable -it's been 3 months!
Webgab

Had Verizon service installed June 1. It is now September 11. The cable running to the box outside my home stretches across 6 driveways. People are tripping over it and complaining (rightly so).  A trench was dug back in July but nothing since then.  Opened ticket with Verizon but no response yet.  Why would they leave this cable in such a manner for over three months? I wouldn't blame one of my nieghbors for just yanking the thing out!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon has not buried cable -it's been 3 months!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hvae you called Verizon to check on the ticket status?

0 Likes
Webgab

Just called again, apparently there was some "issue" with other lines in the area that they had to wait on -- this is new construction. Promised someone would contact me 24/48 hours.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

I do not know why they temp service when it crosses over on other people's property. It should not be done if it is only on your property and crosses over a walkway. If it is not buried that day then it should not be done period.

0 Likes
Verizon cable marker along major road has been hit by car - needs replacement
A2buriedcable

Sometime in the last year, a large buried cable marker to mark cable runalong Textile Road, west of Lohr Road, south of Ann Arbor, MIchigan was hit by a vehicle.

The marker is approximately 5 feet long, and blows around into the road when the weather gets bad. Who should I contact to have a maintenance crew replace this marker (outside of our subdivision)? It is dangerous to roll into the road, and also should be re-installed vertically.

The headings on the marker state that it was installed by Verizon.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon cable marker along major road has been hit by car - needs replacement
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi A2buriedcable,

You can find the link to report damaged equipment here:

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/service_outage_information.htm?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon cable marker along major road has been hit by car - needs replacement
A2buriedcable

I am not a Verizon customer, so I can't get past your phone support system OR entire this online as a residential customer. 
That is why I did it through the Community website option. 

The issue:

Sometime in the last year, a large buried cable marker to mark cable runalong Textile Road, west of Lohr Road, south of Ann Arbor, MIchigan was hit by a vehicle.

The marker is approximately 5 feet long, and blows around into the road when the weather gets bad. Who should I contact to have a maintenance crew replace this marker (outside of our subdivision)? It is dangerous to roll into the road, and also should be re-installed vertically.

The headings on the marker state that it was installed by Verizon.

This is  a general public safety issue involving Verizon marked equipment.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi A2buriedcable,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes