Verizon incorrectly playing with my score!
venom1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was a Verizon customer with number XXX-XXX-XXXX until April of 2012. I closed my account, since I was moving out of the US. At that time, my account was still under the 2-year contract, so I paid the contract breaking fees, plus any additional balance that was present.

About a couple of months ago, I got a call from a collections agency that my account has been due since April 2012 and my case has been reported to all credit bureaus. I am at a loss of words to explain this, since I had no clue what was going on. I called Verizon customer center and they connected to the collections agency.

I explained the whole thing to the collection agents, who were equally clueless about why they were chasing me. They were quite sympathetic and have stopped calling me since then, but the negative report continues to show on my report. And I am looking for a mortgage, and this is putting me in a bad shape!

My credit score dropped over 60 points due to this. Can I pull up someone at Verizon for being insenstive about this?

I am unable to login to my account which I had used about 18months ago!

{edited for privacy}

Re: Verizon incorrectly playing with my score!
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.
It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team at 1-+800-VERIZON or live chat at: http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

venom1
Enthusiast - Level 1

@KaLin wrote:

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.
It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team at 1-+800-VERIZON or live chat at: http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

KaLin,

Thanks for your reply. I contacted the verizon customer care number as you mentioned, but they were not able to assiste and asked me to contact the collections agents who called me. Back to where it all started.

What is your next suggestion?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi venom,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Venom, we have closed the private support case out. We hope you were able to find resolution on the Verizon Wireless Forums.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes