Verizon's Understanding of Courtesy
Caga1

I posted this to Fios Internet but I guess this would had been a better place, so I wanted to post it to the correct Forum.

I have an Extreme HD Triple Play Verizon customer for almost 3 years. I recently have moved to a new location within the same town, and called Verizon to have a new install on my new location. The tech had told me that I should sign up as a "new install" vs a "transfer" to benefit from new customer discounts, So that is what I did. This happened 12/30/2013. My installation was scheduled for Jan 3, 2014 between 8.00am - 12.00pm.

I confirmed the installation date and time, via SMS, and the customer service as well as online. The day of the installation at on/about 7.30 in the morning, I received a call from Verizon stating that I was scheduled for 8.00am-12.00pm . 

Having planned for the installation, I started waiting, but noone showed up. At 3.00pm I called Verizon customer service. The person that I spoke to put me on hold to contact the dispatch unit, and told me that somebody will show up until 5.00pm. So I waited more...

At 5.00pm, I called Verizon customer service again. The lady I spoke this time said that there was a snow storm and could now only schedule me for the next Wednesday Jan 8th. I tried to explain to her that I had been waiting for the whole day, and was told that somebody would be stopping by, and she told me that that was the only thing she could do, as well as accused me for only thinking about myself. 

I told her that it was not a case, and that I was very upset at the fact that every single time they had called, and I had called, I was told that somebody would be coming in for the install, but it was only after 5.00pm when I had called that now I was being told that nobody would show up, and the earliest installation date would be another 5 days ahead. 

I asked her why not Saturday, Monday or Tuesday for that matter and she told me that now they would have two upset customers instead of one.

I asked her to speak to the supervisor, but was declined, saying they don't take customer calls.  I asked her where I could file a complaint and she told me to speak to the FCC if I wanted to, and again accused me for only trying to think about myself. I again pointed out to her that it was a matter of courtesy than anything else. 

So, I'm not even going to get into how I had to reschedule things, as well as all the other plans I had to cancel, because it is out of scope of this matter. All I want to point out to all that are willing to sign up to Verizon is this is the type of customer service you will be getting.

I hope somebody reads this message other than the people working for the FCC as for I am going to try to make sure that this message reaches anyone and everyone that should know how their customer reps treats customers, so MAYBE they can change how things works.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's Understanding of Courtesy
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's Understanding of Courtesy
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Caga,

We have closed your private support case due to you no longer responding. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need some help. We're glad we were able to get your issue taken care of and able to answer any questions you had.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes