Verizon's recycling program for iphones - complaint
artmin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently I bought a new iphone 5s.  I was told that I could send in my old iphone 4 for recycling.  I checked Verizon's web site for recycled phones and found that I could receive an amount of $110 for the old iphone.  I then made the arrangements for sending in the phone for the recycling and the credit amount.  Subsequently, I discovered that I used the wrong phone model and, according to Verizon's web site the value was actually $100.  The correct model is "Apple a1349 Iphone 4 16 GB - Verizon".  When Verizon received the phone I received an email that they valued the iphone at only $60.  I was obviously upset since I could have received more locally.  I tried to call the recycling program and received little help.  I then called Verizon customer service.  One of the things I was told was that Verizon reserved the right to revalue the old phones.

This represents just another of the problems with Verizon.  They will entice you to buy a new phone with the promise of giving you a high amount for your old phone.  Then, after you make your purchase, they'll tell you that the promised amount is not correct, and they "reserve the right" to pay you what you want.  I asked that my old phone be sent back to me, and was told that it's too late.  There seems to be no recourse.  They can do to you what they want.

It's very frustrating, and it's one of the reasons that wireless companies (especially Verizon) have so many complaints regarding this and other issues.  Their reputation will always be questionnable as long as they engage in these type of practices.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's recycling program for iphones - complaint
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you

0 Likes