Verizon won't refund a gift card they charged in error
si0nainn

When I signed up for FIOS I got a $200 e-gift card. I later tried to use that gift card to purchase something off the Verizon website, since Verizon gift cards are pretty much useless everywhere else. I submitted the order and moved on. A week goes by with no update on the order. Apparently it never actually went through and was later automatically canceled, but my $200 gift card was charged and the entire balance is gone. This all happened back in January and I have been trying since then (5 months now) to get a refund on my gift card since Verizon charged it in error.

I have called support so, so many times. Tens of hours of my life were wasted on this issue. After about a month of calling support and getting transferred all over the place, I got a hold of a supervisor who said he would handle it. I sent him all the info on the purchase and gift card and then NOTHING. He just disappeared and stopped responding to any of my emails.

Another month goes by until I gave up on him and started from scratch again. Support call purgatory continues for hours and hours until I reach someone who opens a Payment Investigation. They even gave me a ticket number! I thought it was finally over!! Then several weeks go by and I don’t hear anything. More Support call nonsense for hours and hours because apparently, no one can even check the status of Investigation tickets???? Eventually I get the right department and they say it was invalid because they don’t do payment investigations on gift cards????????????????? Are you serious???????????? No one contacted me, and no one updated the ticket or the notes on my account. Just didn’t do anything with it.

Another round of phone Support garbage and I get someone who says it’s actually Parago, Verizon’s third-party card issuer, who needs to process the refund. So I get transferred again to them. First level support says they don’t think that’s something they can do, but they submit a ticket for me for level 2 support anyway. A few days go by and they respond by telling me that it’s not something they can do. Verizon needs to issue the refund.

I am absolutely livid. This is not right. These community posts seem to be the only way to get anything resolved so I figured I’d post here. I can’t go through more support calls. It’s the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon won't refund a gift card they charged in error
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi si0nainn,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes