Wait times to return equipment
WaitAndWait

I have a suggestion to alleviate the 2-4 hour wait times to return a piece of FIOS equipment.  When entering a Verizon Retailer or Service Center and after signing in as required, have a designated Equipment Return Specialst availabe to handle any and all equipment returns (which take maybe 5 minutes at most) instead of having to wait for a Sales Associate who are tied up selling new phones and accessories.  This would eliminate people standing around (because of all the seats are occupied) complaining about the wait times and the company's service. Past experience on two seperate occasions at two different locations were identical in wait times.  It is beyond me why a multi-billion dollar corporation can't find a solution to returning equipment other than having customers wait for hours.  This can't be good for business.

0 Likes
Re: Wait times to return equipment
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is mainly a peer to peer supoort forum

I would assume they don't get returns very often.

So having someone dedicated for that function would leave them way underutilized.

And if they are in the middle of helping a customer, would you want them to leave that customer to help you? Suppose you were that customer?

And what do you do if a person says they have a return to get a rep and then wants other items as well?

There are other ways to return equipment.

You can get boxes sent you your house.

Just put the equipment in, affix a label and drop off at the nearest UPS location.

Make sure to document the tracking number to ensure you can prove it was returned and received.

0 Likes
WaitAndWait

Thank you for your response. The day I went to return my equipment (Tuesday) there were more people in the room who were trying to return equipment than those who were requesting support/new phones. I would venture to say that on any given day there is a higher volume of return equipment customers than you may believe. That said, your suggestion that there are other ways to return equipment is encouraging.  However, that option was never offered to me when I called Support to determine how to return my STB. After waiting over an hour for a call back from Support, I was given three physical locations I could return the STB in my area. Never was an option to send it via UPS was discussed.  Also, when I initially logged into my account (this was the first step I took trying to determine how to return the STB) and followed the return equipment links and the return equipment page came up, a message also came up that said that my order was not found and to call Support.  Well, I never had an order in the first place and that is what prompted the first call to Support.

This message still comes up today after landing on the return equipment page:

Equipment Return Status

We are unable to locate your order details. Please check if information was entered correctly. If you need additional help, contact us at 1.800.VERIZON (1.800.837.4966).

There is information on this page on how to return eqipment via UPS but if you can't access or start an order number, what good is it?  So how does one obtain an order number to start the process?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you log in to your account, under Services, TV there is an option called equipment manager. Try there.

Or you can contact support on twitter @verizonsupport for assistance

0 Likes