What's wrong with the live chat agent?
electronicnewb
Enthusiast - Level 3

Backstory: My HD STB died, verizon sent me a replacement, the replacement was defective, so they sent me another box. I sent back 2 of the boxes (the original dead and the defective one) on October 10th, I received my previous bill statement a few weeks ago, maybe towards the end of October, I don't remember, I got billed for 2 HD stb instead of just 1. I got credited back for one extra box when I spoke to a rep and he told me that once I've returned the box, I won't be billed for another one (I just freaking told him that I shipped it back already).

Now today: I go on to check my account and it says that I still have 2 active HD stb, which I don't. I contacted live chat agent and I got transferred to the billing department, I got connected to CHELSI (Yes, I'm purposely putting the agent's name there), I finally found the UPS receipt and I checked on the 2 tracking numbers, they were BOTH DELIVERED on October 11th! I asked her why my account still shows 2 active HD stb, she kept saying that I have really do have 2 active HD stb at home and kept going in circle saying that I won't be billed for the second one if I send it back (I was just boiling at this time). Towards the end of the chat, I gave her the tracking number to the 2 shipments and asked why I even got charged for the extra box if the shipment arrived the next day, then she just ends the chat session.

Are you kidding me Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: What's wrong with the live chat agent?
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi electronicnewb,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Seriously, what is wrong with live chat agent?!
electronicnewb
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been charged for 2 HD stb when I only have ONE for TWO MONTHS in a row, they keep going back and forth about investigation and junk. I have tracking numbers to prove that it arrived at their location! How can they not keep track of it?!

A rep put in an "investigation" ticket and told me that I would hear something in 10 days, 3 weeks since that day has gone by. I contacted another agent via live chat and said that the ticket is over at the tech team now and they will contact me on monday (this week), but NOTHING!

I've been trying to contact the billing department over the phone where I was hung up on TWICE (I was being patient and I was on hold for over 30 minutes before they hung up). I tried contacting live chat and when I was connected with CHELSI, she kept saying one second or one moment and then 5 or 10 minutes later, she disconnects with me. This didn't happen once, but TWICE with CHELSI.

To forum mods: DO NOT LOCK THIS POST AND SAY YOU PUT A TICKET UP, I tried getting help that way, all they could say was that they're the social media team and they are unable to help me.

WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?! I've been trying to get this fixed for TWO FREAKING MONTHS. I'm freaking tired of this and it's been a headache, do I just cancel my services and go back to TWC? At least they can freaking keep track of their equipment!

0 Likes
Re: Seriously, what is wrong with live chat agent?!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As this forum is not monitored by Verizon, the only hope you can get from here is for a support ticket.

Other options to try are twitter (@verizonsupport). They have helped me before but more for technical issues not billing.

I have been helped with account issues through a support ticket on this forum.

Or go to dslreports FIOS dorum.
There is a private forum there that you can get FIOS support.

0 Likes