Why is it so hard to get simple support on Verizon
wmupchurch
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's infuriating to try to do business with Verizon.  Chat is sometimes available and other times not; even during business hours.  I have a simple question.  I'm sending two boxes back and downsizing to one box (but upsizing to gigabit!).  Do I also need to send the remotes? 

How hard to you think it was to get that answer?  It took about 15 minutes.  It's insane.  I called the number listed for support, which routed me to Verizon wireless.  I looked up a number online for fios support; called it and was routed back to wireless.  I then went to the site to find any number or chat; nothing.  So finally, I just use the number for cancelling service, who of course spends 5 minutes validating my account... all to answer a generic question.  Chat could have answered that question in 2 minutes.

I love FIOS, but the support is horrible.

0 Likes
Re: Why is it so hard to get simple support on Verizon
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

To be on the safe side, I would say yes.

You don't pay for shipping anyway, so why not.

As for support, I have found twitter @verizonsupport to be quite helpful.

0 Likes
Re: Why is it so hard to get simple support on Verizon
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remotes?  If you don't need them send them in, However in all my dealings with Verizon they never actually wanted them, and I never returned one.  I have now closed my NY account and they sold their FL assests to Frontier.

0 Likes