Will I ever get my installation finished?
yohan_ch

I was moving and I heard positive reviews of Fios so I decided to try Fios for my new apartment. However my experience has been bad so far.

1st appointment - Sat (7/19/14)
1pm - 5pm: Waited at my new place but no one came, no notification, no call, nothing. Called Verizon CS and was told there is a misunderstanding, a technician was dispatching and should arrive within 2 hours.
5pm - 8pm: no one ever came, no call, nothing. called CS again, someone apologized and rescheduled the appointment to tuesday 11am - 3pm

2nd appointment - Tuesday (7/22/14)
11am - 3pm: Technician came and found out there is some cable issue that needs to be fixed by a vendor. He told my wife, he or the vendor would call back to reschedule. but no one call or notify us of any update.
Wednesday (7/23/14) - called Verizon CS and was told the vendor would give a call and update us, but no one ever call to update.

Thursday (7/24/14) - called Verizon CS again and asked for escalation since I did not hear anything

Friday (7/25/14) - someone from Verizon explained: the vendor was working to get access to upstair neighbor to fix the cable issue. the vendor also called and said they were working with Apt. Management to secure appointment and will update me.

Monday (7/28/14) - since no one updated me of anything, called the vendor and ask for update. vendor said no update yet from Apt. management.

Tuesday (7/29/14) - went to my Apt. Manager to check and the manager told me: She and The vendor technician actually had an appointment on last saturday (7/26) but the vendor never show up. Called the vendor to verify, the vendor told they did not know and tried to blame the manager. I told them to get in touch again with the manager to resolve the issue, in my opinion it's not the apt. manager duty in the first place, the vendor should have follow up since its their job.

Thursday (7/31/14) - since no one updated me of anything, I check with my Apt. manager again and she told my upstair-neighbor already gave the vendor his contact number to schedule an appointment. Called the vendor and the vendor confirmed they had the contact number and is trying to schedule a date with my neighbor.

Monday (8/4/14) - since no one updated me of anything, I called the vendor and ask for update. Vendor said my neighbor is available tomorrow (8/5/14) from 1-3pm and she also said they will try to come 1pm so they can have everything installed.

Tuesday (8/5/14) - the vendor called at 2.30 pm that they will arrive there soon. 2.45 pm the vendor updated me that my neighbor rescheduled the appointment to friday (8/8/14) 9-10am. I dont think I can blame my neighbor since its not his installation in the first place and why would the vendor come at the last minute knowing that installation will take some time? I think the vendor should have prioritized this installation more since it has been delayed for 2 weeks.

I am frustrated, I did not expect to be this hard just to get new cable installed from Verizon? worst thing is I never get updated, its always me who has to call just to get an update. I will wait until this friday but please let me know whether I can get the cable installed to my place or not. If it's not then I will be glad to find other provider, its been more than 2 weeks for me without tv nor internet in my new apartment.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will I ever get my installation finished?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
yohan_ch

Friday 8/8/14 - The vendor managed to come this morning and get the cable fixed (After 3 weeks). Unfortunately vendor said I still have to call Verizon to schedule my installation. Called Verizon CS and have to reschedule appointment, the earliest I can get is monday 8/11/14 8am-12noon. Is there anyway I can get my installation sooner since this has been long due? 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello yohan_ch, As stated this issue has been resolved in your private support case. Please let us know if you need anything else.

-Mitchell

0 Likes