Wrongful Technican charge.
madasever

I was having problems with service through out my whole home so I called for help in Dec 2013. I went through all the trouble shooting technics with the rep. After, all this he told me if I had further problems I would need a tech. He then told me that if the problem was with my internal wiring I would be charged for the visit. He then explained that I could avoid this charge by having the service protection for my wires. I asked to have the plan added. He informed me that it would not cover me until after 30 he advised that i call back after 30 days. Under the IMPRESSION that I was being added to this plan I disconneted the call. I called Verizon again on Feb 3 and complained of the problem still happening, they sent a tech out that day. The tech changed a wire in my main room that did not fix the problem so he then went outside did something that fixed everything. Never told me I would get a fee.

I get my next bill and I am being charged 137$ for the visit. I called customer service/billing. and went over everything that I was told. the rep was unable to help me so I asked for a Manger. I was placed on hold for 45 mins waiting for a manager. I then call in again on my cell phone (while still on hold on my landline) I had to go over everything again, only for the retention rep to tell my they can not waive the fee because i did not have service protection and I didn't call in with a problem for another month. I asked for the call to be pulled, of course he says he cant do that. He then went on to say that the service protection would not have helped me anyway because although the problem was fixed outside it was not inside the Verizon box. i asked for a higher up and he promised me a call back that never came.

I called back today and was told by another rep that Verizon does not offer a service plan and i am responsible because the tech gave me that wire in my main room. I asked for a manager, who told me that she can offer me some prem channels.  The point is 1...I was lied to about getting the plan and what it covers and 2. Verizon dropped the ball and does not want to take ownership. Every rep has a different explaination and the manager will lie to prevent from helping the custmer. I am prepared to switch services for both my cell and triple play if this is not fixed.

0 Likes
Re: Wrongful Technican charge.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Wrongful Technican charge.
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello!

As per our converstation on your private support case this issue is now closed. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you. Thanks for choosing Verizon.

-Mitchell

0 Likes