You’re in the business of communications?!!!! 2019 Black Friday Promotion Fail
Mousegirl100

I would like to know what is being done about the seemingly multiple complaints regarding the 2019 Black Friday promotion of which I chose to receive a $100 prepaid Visa card. 

I received an email to redeem my reward on 1/28/2020. I did so before the end of January. It is 3/9/2020 and still nothing has appeared in my mail. I chatted last week with a CSR (Paolo) who gave me a phone number to call if I did not receive the card by week’s end. He informed me that the card was mailed on 2/17/2020 and normally takes approximately 3 weeks to receive. It’s been a week and I still haven’t received anything. I called the number Paolo supplied me with and the CSR (Adrienne) told me this time that it normally takes 30-45 days to receive the card! She gave me a USPS tracking number to use. That number is an invalid USPS number!!!!

I had that $100 card earmarked for a purchase I can now no longer make and what I want to know is this. How does a communications organization justify a 30-day+ wait for a promotion they roped customers in with? Is the card being mailed by way of China?!!! How is it possible that I haven’t received it yet? How is it possible that I am but one of the many FIOS customers in the same situation? Did you promise something you couldn’t deliver? Something you had no intention of delivering? Is the hope that customers will slink away and forget that they were ever made this offer to begin with? All signs point in that direction.

Adrienne offered me a chance to reorder the card and when I asked point blank if it would also take another 30-45 days, she told me it would. How dare you Verizon? The more I think about it the angrier I get. Why are cards even being mailed at all? Why not send us a Visa gift card that we can redeem by email? Because then you wouldn’t have the good old post office to blame for your bad business. Explain yourselves!!!!

0 Likes
Re: You’re in the business of communications?!!!! 2019 Black Friday Promotion Fail
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mousegirl100,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes