"Short" Story About Eight Verizon Lies in Six Hours Three Chats
Yavor1

July 31, 2017 – resigned a new contract with Verizon by chat for 75/75 internet. A new router was promised as a part of this “great deal” in 3-5 days time frame, with prior notification via email; August 3rd – nothing. Another chat initiated by us:

Chat #1:

Lie #1: they cannot check the previous chat;

Lie #2: no router included in our contract;

Advice to contact with Customer Service by phone.

Chat #2-#3 (the 3rd one was initiated from Verizon them self as the connection was “broke” and the same rep entered in the chat under different nick name - first it was Vick, after – Verizon. I found out his name at the end of the chat):

Lie #3: new version about the chat history checking: it’s not like they cannot see it at all, but they cannot see it after the 3rd chat (didn’t they initiated the 3rd chat by purpose?)

Lie #4: they don’t offer the router which appears online in my Verizon account (how it is in the account then?);

Lie #5: if we sign up to another promo – we’ll get even faster internet 100/100 and new router just for $5! The rep will make a discount of $4 so we’ll have to pay only $1 extra. Sounds good! But later, it appeared that he actually cannot do a discount for a deal made from our online account, but he was very impatience me to click on the check out button regardless. I didn’t as I learned my lesson from July 31 “sweet” deal.

Lie #6: he sent me another “great” deal by email which not only was with $10 extra per month (instead of $1), but the estimate for the next month included $30 penalty fees for switching (he failed to explain in details what are those fees and why we have them – we do not switch because we wish to, we simply cannot use the new 75/75 without the new router which was promised). This was the best what he could do;

Lie #7: after 3 hours in the chat he sent the following info "...contract with higher internet speed includes new router". I think he forgot that this actually our case - new contract with higher speed. After I asked him about it, he tried to convince me that it is not free router, but after I insisted on the word “included” – he agreed that it’s free after all. So, when I asked him (again) where is this new router "included" in our contract - the answer was amazing as always: he don't know if this was included at that date of your contract and he cannot check (of course!). But, this is not a "deal”, those are their usual terms and it does not depends on any dates (we didn’t know this before);

Lie #8: I asked him to send me this chat on my email - he assured me that I'll be able to print it after I close it. I knew that there is no such an option (unlike other companies chats) and copied it prior closing, but still - another lie. He insured me that he escalated the case to his supervisor, but I don't believe him.

Now, we are stuck with new contract from July 31 with spead 75/75 and an old router which cannot support our new speed internet.

Any suggestions besides to call them? I’ll call, of course, but I think it will be another hour or two of my time without any result except more lies. To terminate the contract and go with another provider? 

0 Likes
Re: "Short" Story About Eight Verizon Lies in Six Hours Three Chats
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can't address the customer service issues.

What model rotuer do you have and why do you beleive it wont support higher speeds?

Check the contract. If you don't have TV service, I beleive there is no ETF.

If that is true, then you are free to terminate and move to another provider.

0 Likes
Re: "Short" Story About Eight Verizon Lies in Six Hours Three Chats
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Yavor,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes