verification email
donhawkins1949

How do I get V. to stop trying to verify my mobile phone via text messages? I have texting turned off, both in and out, on my phone. I've tried two different chat bots (*tech and cust svc), and both were unable to even grasp what I was asking, let alone give me some kind of answer. And the phone number they gave me was for V. mobile phone help, not Internet.

0 Likes
Re: verification email
jonjones1
Legend

@donhawkins1949 wrote:

How do I get V. to stop trying to verify my mobile phone via text messages? I have texting turned off, both in and out, on my phone. I've tried two different chat bots (*tech and cust svc), and both were unable to even grasp what I was asking, let alone give me some kind of answer. And the phone number they gave me was for V. mobile phone help, not Internet.

My first question is why Verizon is trying to verify your mobile device outside of using it for bill reminders or to verify your payment. I did not give Fios my text number even though I am sure they have it since I am a Verizon wireless customer. And the contact number I gave them was my cell number.

The only way they could be trying to verify that cellular number is due to your own listing as a contact number.

i am not sure you are a Verizon wireless customer but even if you weren't the ability to send notifications etc. are not just to Verizon customers cell phones.

you say it is turned off. If you turned it off via calling your wireless customer service then you should not receive those pesky texts. If you attempted to turn the feature off via your web account screen, messages from the provider would still come through.

if using an iPhone you can block unwanted text messages so that is easy.

on an android I cannot say if that feature is available or as easy to stop.

0 Likes
Re: verification email
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remember you are talking to peers here.

Double check your profile and make sure none of the options are set to send sms messages.  If necessary remove your Cell phone number from your profile.

0 Likes