verizon-services@verizon.com - Phishing
JDJMilford

I have received email from verizon-services@verizon.com asking me to update my billing information. This looks like Phishing to me.

I could not find a more appropriate place to make this input.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: verizon-services@verizon.com - Phishing
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@JDJMilford wrote:

I have received email from verizon-services@verizon.com asking me to update my billing information. This looks like Phishing to me.

I could not find a more appropriate place to make this input.

You can always forward any suspect emails to abuse@verizon.net and never click on any of the links.

stereo55
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ive recieved  a few emails from the same verizon-services@verizon.com , and all have been legit thus far (mostly stating a change in service/channels ; however Iam not sure if a "billing" type email should not be coming from verizon-notification@verizon.com instead ? 

This based on going through my past and current verizon emails , which I save .

BPFBuffalo

I received the same email which instructed me to open an html file which requested password & billing info.  Looks like phishing to me, too.

0 Likes
stereo55
Enthusiast - Level 3

BPFBuffalo 

Yeh I agree , any type email(s) with an "open file" and/or billing/password request would indicate a phising scam to me also .

As I stated earlier , so far any emails that Ive received from the verizon-services@verizon.com have been legit , but non have ever come with a "open file" type or asked for a personal account information . 

Ive also notice on my legit versions of  verizon-services@verizon.com emails , that the "TO" (to recipiant) always shows the same (verizon generic) name , and in my case always shows TO: {edited for privacy} . If the generic name is differant (or not there) than this than I know its a bad email . Something to check/notice for next time.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes