very poor customer service - manager hung up because he didn't want to help or it was almost 9pm EST
FGlenburnie

Hello,

Today I realized that even I have became victim of this hidden undisclosed charge which seems to be a SCAM and not treating customer fairly. I was charged $64.99 just for running a wire for TV which is on the other side of the wall in my house. They were just holes that I could have done. It was not an outlet (like electric outlet set up) that the representative and the manager said I was charged for.

Before, ordering the FIOS triple play service I asked the verizon representative online if there is any installation fee but I was told that installation is free if I signup online. I did signup online and tech came to setup. I asked him if there are any charges in making holes and I was told that everything is included but didn't say that I was going to be charged 64.99. He did not install a jack or outlet.  They were wires and holes.  The tech did a good job in trying to hide the wires and drilling holes but no outlet was installed.

I received my first bill and I was charged $64.99. This is a sham attitude towards the customer by Verizon and from this forum it looks like I am not only the victim. I called with verizon customer service today and she said she cannot do anything about this so she transferred me to a "manager."  The manager was not very helpful.  I explained my situation and he was not trying to listen because he said that all he can see is "billable.'"  Eventually, he hung up on me.  I called back and realized that the customer service is closed.  I am assuming that the manager is getting ready to leave that's why he hung up. 

I am not sure what is worse.. being lied about the charges or hiring incapable managers.

0 Likes
Re: very poor customer service - manager hung up because he didn't want to help or it was almost 9pm
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes